Wanted: Complete Steering Column Assembly

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted: Complete Steering Column Assembly
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 06:51 pm:

I am in need of a complete steering column assembly, part number 3500-C for 1921-1924 for my 1924 Touring less pitman arm and steering wheel, but complete with good gears and nickeled case and cover, controls. I would prefer a fully restored one but will consider a good solid used one that could be restored. Looking for it to be correct for 1924 with the 4-1 gears. Please let me know if you can help. Email is best: DanielSnell2@twc.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Monday, December 24, 2018 - 11:10 pm:

Still looking for a good to excellent complete steering column. Anyone?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman, Rochester, NY on Tuesday, December 25, 2018 - 08:11 am:

They are on eBay on a regular basis. Usually around $150-250.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Tuesday, December 25, 2018 - 08:50 am:

Daniel, I haven't had a chance to look yet... I know I have a few.
I did a search for column identification and got nowhere.
Are they a square mount in 24 ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, December 25, 2018 - 10:56 am:

No, they were round base. The square base was 1926-27 model.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Tuesday, December 25, 2018 - 11:17 am:

Thanks Mark, that will help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Tuesday, December 25, 2018 - 12:25 pm:

Dave, Yes from 1918 to 1925 they all have the round mounting flange. The Throttle guide was repositioned in 1921 and a groove was added to the bottom of the steering gear case to limit the travel of the gears. In 1925 the steering gear ration was changed to 5:1 and the cover was knurled all around the tope edge. I am in need of the 21-24 complete column without the steering wheel. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Tuesday, December 25, 2018 - 02:02 pm:

Daniel,

I have some but are in need of restoration. For me to restore one with the pieces re nickeled, etc. not cheap.

PM if interested.

All the Best,

Hank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Julius Korus on Tuesday, December 25, 2018 - 02:48 pm:

Sent a PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, December 25, 2018 - 09:30 pm:

Some of the late '24s have the wide knurl too I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Wednesday, December 26, 2018 - 06:32 pm:

Sent you an email Daniel. I believe this is what you desire.
Gear seems pretty tight, tube is nice, as well as the horn wire tube. Threads are not damaged, levers and quadrant good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Wednesday, December 26, 2018 - 07:10 pm:

Dave, I sent you an email

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Rice on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 03:26 pm:

Dave,
If you don't end up working it out with Daniel, I will take the unit for what we discussed yesterday when I was there and saw it. I am supposed to be back in town next week and can swing by, pick it up and pay you. Just let me know.
Thanks again Dave!
Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 04:10 pm:

Daniel, sending you a message. Rick suggested Fastenall for shipping. I have a close one, do you. And are you still interested ?

Rick, I'll let you know if Daniel doesn't want it.
I have several other ones also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Monday, January 07, 2019 - 11:32 am:

Still looking for a good to excellent 21-24 Steering Column. Anyone?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 05:24 pm:

Just took a good one out that was temporarily installed in my 26 coupe so I could restore the correct, square flange steering column. It is correct for a T of the twenties.$100. Located in Lockhart, TX (512) 376-four one eight zero

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 07:50 pm:

Hi George, can you send me some photos of what you have? DanielSnell2@twc.com

Thanks

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration