PM's

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: PM's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 07:42 am:

I have replied to /and sent PM's several times in the last several weeks and not received a reply, are they not going through? I posted that I had sent a PM several times and I have not received an answer. I have had this problem before. Just curious. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 11:03 am:

Welcome to the club. Some people post WTB/WTS ads and then apparently crawl back into a hole for all I know. I understand that some PM's go to SPAM, but why people do not at least monitor their ads for replies defies explanation.

There are fortunately, regular posters here that sell wonderful stuff for great prices and are extremely responsive. Once you discover who they are, it is easy to ignore the rest...besides, if they are hard to communicate with, how will it be if a transaction goes wrong? Consider that you have dodged a bullet...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 11:12 am:

David,

Post your email address in your User Profile

Post on the thread about what you are interested in that you have sent a PM.

Let the person know you have not received a reply.

Consider posting your email address on the thread you are interested in - do it in a manner where it is highlighted:

@ modelttransport@outlook.com

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 11:35 am:

I think there are probably quite a few people here that donít have a great understanding of exactly how their email works and simply arenít receiving emails because of filters they donít know about or donít understand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 11:43 am:

Adam

I believe you are correct. All the more reason for those people to at least monitor their own ad and see that people are trying to contact them - "Mr. Whoever, PM sent"

Now, if we could "fix" the ones who request to buy your part/product and then never send payment...further delaying legitimate purchasers from making their purchase...this is becoming more of a problem this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Macleod on Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 01:09 pm:

I have found the same. The PM function does not seem to work consistently for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 02:10 pm:

Some ads are posted by older folks that don't have a computer and use one of their kids. I for one do not make first contact by phone. If an ad is placed you need to monitor it. One of the worst dealings I had; sorry to say, their profile was full of christian quotations. No "thank you I will pass" or even an offer, just nada zip. They had sounded very interested in the first email. After that just left me hanging even after repeated attempts to contact them.
Remember, if the item is sold or no longer on the market, UPDATE your ad. Just because it sinks out of site does not mean someone can't find it later.
If the PM replies are going to your spam file, open the reply and click the do not send files like this to spam. Your computer will remember the clubs email address and in the future will send to regular in box.
I for one do not suggest posting your phone number or email in any ad, to easy to harvest them. I would do as Laydon does, write it on a piece of paper.
Because of what I call a nasty gram, I removed my email from my profile. It involved someone on the forum that I supported and yes it was reported to the proper people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 02:18 pm:

I have had no issues with PMs so far, on my end anyway.
I think possibly some don't understand that you can't directly reply to a PM you receive. You have to either PM the sender from the forum profile or email the sender, if their email address is shown in the PM.
It's still the safest way to communicate with other members, if you don't have a direct contact.

I won't put my phone number or email directly on any public forum, I get enough bs on both now !! Let alone scammers...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 02:33 pm:

Good point. If you get a PM, READ THE DARN THING, it will tell you HOW to reply.
Remember; Reading is fundamental in understanding, or at least you can ask a question if you do not understand what you have read.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 05:00 pm:

Yup.... Iíve lost a front and rear taper leaf spring because of a delay itís either system related issue or seller related...?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland Mn. on Monday, December 24, 2018 - 07:54 am:

AMEN Mark Gregush!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Mathews on Monday, December 24, 2018 - 08:03 am:

Mark is correct!

When an email is received saying "Congratulations you have a P.M." or something to that effect, you cannot just hit reply. The email tells you exactly how to respond & gives you two choices of how to do it.

I haven't been on very long, but the few that I have sent & received, I have had no issues sending or receiving.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration