WANTED: Transmission Band Ratchet Wrench

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WANTED: Transmission Band Ratchet Wrench
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 09:36 pm:

I'm looking for a period Nelson or "Nelson type" type ratchet wrench.This is the one used to adjust transmission bands. Would like it to be in good usable condition. Thanks for looking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark A Strange on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 09:21 am:

I don't know what a "Nelson type" is, but I have this one that I'm willing to send you for $10.00, which includes shipping.

If interested, please PM me with your name and shipping address and I will reply with payment instructions, thanks!

Please, no snipers ahead of Charles, thanks.

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark A Strange on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 02:13 pm:

Charles, please contact me soon, I'm already getting PMs from other members! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bradley Kirtner on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 02:57 pm:

Aaaand the flood gates have opened!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 11:06 pm:

Thanks for the offer Mark, but I think I'll keep looking for a bit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 01:16 am:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-27-FORD-SCRIPT-MODEL-T-5Z829-REVERSE-BRAKE-BAND-AD JUSTING-WRENCH-TOOL/312405022092?hash=item48bcca558c:g:49cAAOSw84ZcJpLb:rk:30:pf :0&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark A Strange on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 08:46 am:

Charles has passed on the wrench, so it's going to Steve instead.

Steve, I sent payment instructions directly to your email address this morning, please reply to it with your full name and shipping address so that I can send you the wrench (plus a bonus item) today. Thanks! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 09:50 am:

I have more than 20 different ratcheting band-adjusting wrenches, several different styles and manufacturers and markings. But I have never heard of a "Nelson type" wrench. Maybe a picture of one would help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 03:39 pm:

Hello Mike."Nelson type" was a term that I came up with after seeing a (Nelson Ratchet Wrench for the Ford Transmission) offered on page 115 of the Model T Ford Owners Supply Book. The supply book being a current reprint of a 1920 Western Auto catalog. After doing more research I realized, as you had mentioned, that there were many makers of the band adjustment wrench that are nearly identical. If I was to rewrite the ad I would not use "Nelson Type" in the description.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 03:45 pm:

Don't think you'll find one cheaper than Mark offered. That was a gift.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration