Wanted: main bearing Bolt wrench

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted: main bearing Bolt wrench
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 12:16 am:

I would like to find a Ford Z wrench for the main bearing bolts in the engine. I'm looking for the wrench that is used on the square head of the bolts.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 05:35 am:

Stephen, if you are looking for a 'user' tool, I would suggest an 8 point 9/16 socket. My 1/2" drive Snap-on unit is the duck's guts.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 10:37 am:

If you have a modern, 8 point socket for that square head bolt, you will like it way better than the Ford wrench.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Husa on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 03:30 pm:

One on Ebay Now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 03:38 pm:

That one is over priced in my op as are the rest of the sellers tools. That is why they have been re-listed several times now. The Model A and B used the same wrench if you want to broaden your search. Look for one that has the socket at right angler to the shaft. Some of them are at an angle, my op after using them, seem more sloppy in there holding power.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Husa on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 09:58 pm:

Here is the Ebay posting. Less than a $1.00
https://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-marked-Herbrand-square-end-Ford-tire-iron-metal -tool/264099897463?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 10:43 pm:

Thank you,

Stephen

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration