Treasure Trove of NOS parts on Ebay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Treasure Trove of NOS parts on Ebay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Brandi on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 04:59 pm:

I stumbled across a seller on Ebay that is posting a Ford Warehouse of NOS parts.They are trying their to id parts as NOS and in some cases they are still in crates! so have at it - I have nothing to do with these guys other than correcting a few mis id parts. My intent is to get these parts in the hands of hise who desire them. Cutn'past the link below into the internet address
field - not search field with no spaces to go directly to their stuff.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=imamilibrat&LH_PrefLoc=2&_from=R40&_trksid=p2499338.m570.l1312.R1.TR10.TRC2.A0.H0.Xmodel+.TRS2&_nkw=model+t&_sacat=0Drive Shaft Housing NOS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Brandi on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 05:19 pm:

They say that the have quantities of of some 150+ parts. Unfortunately I already have what I need.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 05:20 pm:

Wow! Most of the listing prices are way off base! Typical for those not in the know. Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 05:28 pm:

Thanks Frank

Sadly that looks like Al's stuff. Can't remember his last name now, but used to bring this stuff to the Zephyrhill's show in FL. He and his wife were dear people, but she wasn't well when I last spoke with him about 4 years ago, and I know he really wanted to sell en toto. The crates are near-certainly not original. Al used to like to make wooden boxes for things he sold regularly, like axle shafts, etc. He would have a workable/rudementary box made up to move stuff from flea market to flea market. So beware of that.

Perhaps the seller is his son, or someone who purchased the estate? The tags are unmistakably his handwriting, though it has deteriorated since we last met. I kept his tags on everything I bought but have not yet used. A couple things are slightly mis-identified, and a few repro's being offered as NOS, so am sure it is not him doing the listing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin, Kannapolis, NC on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 06:23 pm:

There are a lot of things listed as new, that are rust pitted and painted. Better ask lots of questions before bidding.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 06:38 pm:

Oh well- that was good for a laugh anyway. Gonna go buy some black spray paint and get rich. Too bad, as that stuff will sit forever at those prices rather than get used.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 07:34 pm:

PT Barnum would be proud of those prices.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 08:02 pm:

The listings read in part: Acquired from Bill, who acquired them from a friend who bought a Ford factory in Michigan. My comment: Factory crates come complete with original Philips head drywall screws. :-)

Actually, they came from Al, who bless his heart, would trot off to the next dealer to get the part you were looking for (after you left), get your attention if you went by again, sell it to you with his profit and pay the original fellow his price. It all depended on which direction you were walking the flea market row as to who you'd buy it from or how much you were going to pay. He was a good old guy, and I enjoyed visiting with him every time we met. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Moore, on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 08:23 pm:

I also noticed the philips head drywall screws on the crates.

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 10:08 pm:

Wow. What a mess.

I've bought and sold literally thousands of NOS car parts over the years and have developed a pretty good sense for them. One lot alone that I bought from a hoard had a thousand pieces in it....all factory parts with factory stickers or stamps on them. So....I can generally immediately spot them and can also spot something that's being falsely labeled as such.

A good portion of these parts are most definitely NOT New Old Stock. Some of them are just used parts that have been cleaned up and presented in a way that suggests they are and some of them are clearly just new reproductions. And there are some that might be NOS, but I'd have to get a better look at them to be sure.

I sure hope the seller is just honestly misinformed and is not purposefully trying to mislead people. Shame on him if he is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 11:30 pm:

No disrespect to the seller but i say most are not NOS and prices are insane
They look clean and in usable shape though

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lang on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 11:50 pm:

The steering gear case and quadrant are NOT NOS. NOS ones are NOT drilled for rivets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, December 28, 2018 - 11:54 pm:

I would stay away from almost all of that stuff. Whoever listed it clearly knows very little about Model T's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 04:44 am:

$5000 for a steering wheel ?!?!
Boy did I get hit, I just sold one for $60 !!!
Maybe it comes with a free car...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 06:33 am:

This is about the most bizarre listing that I have ever seen for T parts. Apparently he must be reading this forum or has gotten some feedback. I don't see anything in crates, the brass steering gearbox or the quadrant. Nothing in his pricing or descriptions makes any sense. Weird ??? Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 09:55 am:

I think the seller has been sniffing glue (or something). :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 10:39 am:

Prices totally out of the Model T market

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin, Kannapolis, NC on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 10:51 am:

Guys, Don't miss out on a new old stock battery carrier! Direct from Highland Park. Genuine early Ford rust pits. And a new strap, gas welded on by Henry Ford himself. Only $300 + shipping! Wont last long at this price.,,,, I did contact the seller to try to help him, we will see if he is willing to return to earth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 11:12 am:

I am afraid that my friend Bill H. from Keene may see this...he sold me a battery carrier awhile back for a FRACTION of that....as I remember, I think that it cost me something like a glass of water!

Happy & Healthy New Year to all of you, especially Bill-

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin, Kannapolis, NC on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 11:38 am:

I have been in contact with Tiffany, The seller of these parts. So far she is standing by the man who sold them to her as NOS I have tried pointing out flaws in some of her NOS parts but as yet, won't or does not see them. Good luck to all,,,,,,,,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Drew Wommack - Dallas, TX on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 11:47 am:

Now she's got a 'NOS' driveshaft tube listed with a starting bid of......$15,000.00.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-FORD-FACTORY-NOS-Model-T-1921-1927-DRIVESHAFT- TUBE-HOUSING-T-2582-U/132902728067?hash=item1ef19eb183:g:oaEAAOSwmfhcJo~P

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 11:50 am:

As was said above, must be reading this thread. I see the $5,000 steering wheel disappeared. Do you think someone really bought it for $5,000?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hanlon N.E.Ohio on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 11:54 am:

Maybe the zero sticks on the keyboard they're posting the parts with ?
I doubt everything for sale together is worth $5000, let alone 15K !
A little research goes a long way.

(Message edited by Ruxstel24 on December 29, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Magas on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 12:20 pm:

The NOS tie rod end was "buy it now" $80. Revised to $500., WHY? https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-FORD-FACTORY-Model-T-FORD-WELD-ON-SPINDLE-CONN ECTION-ROD-END-1909-1918/132902307740. Looks used.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 12:31 pm:

I have a really nice “NOS” differential for sale if anyone is interested. It can be yours for a only $5,000. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Brandi on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 03:08 pm:

Guys - I've tried to tell the seller that their prices where way to high and to compare to various suppliers (Bob's, Lamg's, Snyders' etc. My conversation with them was about the use of NOS on some items that had visible pitting. I really think that they don't understand how much true NOS T stuff is still out there. I expect that there prices will be more realistic in a few weeks. I'll point them to these expert responses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 03:41 pm:

Interesting. I saw the posting here shortly after it went up yesterday, and no replies at that point. I just looked again and am surprised to see several items have had the prices increased HUGE!
The listing says he is not a model T expert and asks for help if he is incorrect on some of his descriptions. Says so that he may correct them.
To me it doesn't sound like he is really listening.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 04:07 pm:

Walt

for that price, you'd think you'd at least get the entire tierod and not just a cut-off end...:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 07:23 pm:

Got car ran when parked no seriously
Motor runs on mag put your carb gas tank radiator and wheels on it drive it home 2,100 obo
No offering here or i gladly list on ebay 25,000 with a free case of beer
See my post here or wait a week for ebay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 10:20 pm:

Ben Umberger graciously gave my memory a BIG jog.

Al Good from So. Florida used to own all this stuff.

The present eBay lister is Tiffany, and doesn't believe a word I or any of you say, so there's no point continuing to annoy her. I think she's been duped by her good friend that sold this all to her as NOS. Lack of sales will be the final arbiter in this. Too bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin, Kannapolis, NC on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 10:44 pm:

I did get her to remove the battery carrier listing and reduce the price of her sedan fender from $1100 to $300. She listened to the wrong guy when she bought, so now it will be hard to steer her right. She told me she had well over a thousand parts. She has a long road ahead of her, and needs to look at other listings before she prices hers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 01:06 am:

She also need to learn what is NOS and what is used cleaned up and painted. To us when we see wear marks, rust pits or signs it have been used we can tell, to a novice not so much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 07:52 am:

Darryl,

You have the magic touch. She seems to have listened to you. I was amazed when I saw the $1100 to $300 price reduction. I don't know how you did it, but keep it up. Maybe some of us can get some reasonable prices yet.

Thank You!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 07:52 am:

Al Good lived a few miles from me in Michigan. We spent many hours together looking for T parts. He did buy out old stock from Ford dealers around Mich. Never knew him to deceive buyers for his parts but was a little high on prices. I did not know that he passed on. Sad to hear this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin, Kannapolis, NC on Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 08:51 am:

I explained what NOS & NORS mean. I also showed her a listing for a true NOS fender and pointed out the repair made to hers. She was lead to believe this stuff was all rare and NOS. It will take time for her to learn most of it is neither of those things. She asked " how do you know it isn't NOS" so I explained things I saw in several listings, as well as told her many items would have to be seen in person and measurements taken to determine their state. With well over a thousand items, I would say if you see something you need, contact her and work with her. Be prepared to prove your case though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 09:44 am:

Goes to show all that glitters isn't GOLD.......It's sequin's! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger - Wyoming on Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 11:53 am:

Jim

"buying from dealers" is pretty much what I figured when seller said "bought a factory". I never knew Al to decieve anyone either...but he is not the one who sold all this to the her...there was a trusted friend, a middle man with "50 years experience appraising cars" who sold this to her, and he deceived her...BIG TIME. I shudder to think what she might have invested in this stuff. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin, Kannapolis, NC on Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 12:05 pm:

She said she bought these from a "Mr Trier" Who she trusts. Many people outside the hobby confuse NOS with original, and that may be some of it. She has removed many of the listings. Hope she is going to do some research before listing again. Also hope she didn't pay way to much for this stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J Alvord on Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 12:12 pm:

Glad this thread exists, hopefully it will prevent anyone from getting taken in...

Too bad about the seller possibly getting duped but I always buy the item, never the story that comes with it. Benefits of getting hosed myself and loosing most trust in people I suppose.

I commend those trying to help the seller to realistic prices and descriptions. Hopefully they are wise and take the advise from a forum full of enthusiasts. Some people just can't be reasoned with though... may not know much about an item but they sure know what they want for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 03:56 pm:

Collectibles, ALL collectibles, are a tricky market. I sometimes use a 78 rpm record as an example. Back when I actively collected 78s, I heard this story a dozen times (more than!).
Antique shop "Oh, you collect records? Have I got the BEST record you ever saw! OH, So incredible! Al Jolson singing 'Rainbow Around My Shoulder', and on the other side 'Sonny Boy"! "Oh, it will make you CRY!" "Only fifteen dollars". In those days, 78s in antique shops usually sold for less than a buck apiece. A few shops that knew something about them might go up to five dollars for certain artists.
And that Al Jolson record is one of the best 78s I have ever heard! (And I have listened to thousands of them!) In fact, it was SO incredible that it is one of the very few 78s that people bought two of, and kept. One they played, often. The other sat in the record cabinet in case the played one broke or got bad enough it wasn't fun to listen to. Almost every 78s collector I ever met already had at least two copies of it. One, a bit worn, sits on the turntable of one of the hand crank phonographs mostly just looking good, and played for fun occasionally. The other, pristine, sitting in one of the record cabinets.
A lot of collectors had even a few more copies that they would sell to beginning collectors for a couple bucks.
Yeah, ALL collectibles are funny stuff. You gotta KNOW what you are dealing with if you don't want to lose your shirt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Sunday, December 30, 2018 - 05:08 pm:

I have to say i now see in few items i checked on
" If items are correct let her know "
I understand its her stuff and she can ask her prices best of luck.
I did buy a pile of parts all clean and pretty already it only helped in lookers but price same as barn fresh items
I think she either one listing for someone or not getting current market values
And appraiser like it claims would know fair value
Best luck i personal would buy some items but prices are to high plus postage so i not nor am i going to twist her arm over it

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration