Want to buy..timing gear cover for 1918 engine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Want to buy..timing gear cover for 1918 engine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Tuesday, January 01, 2019 - 05:25 pm:

I need a timing gear cover for a NON generator T engine. Rust is no problem, as long as there are no cracks or damage. Please email at:

lathe49@outlook.com

Thanks! George Andreasen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, January 01, 2019 - 05:33 pm:

George, there are differences in the early covers. To get the right one for an 18, I believe it should have an open hole for the camshaft, which will allow you to fit a modern oil seal. Earlier covers used a felt seal in a groove in the cover. The better covers with the open hole will also have a wide groove for the crankshaft seal, so that the rope seal used on A models can be used. Again, earlier covers had a narrow groove. Open cam hole and wider crankshaft seal I believe to be correct for 1918.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Tuesday, January 01, 2019 - 05:56 pm:

Thanks Allan for pointing that out. I have both George and I sent you an email.

All the Best,

Hank from up yonder

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Tuesday, January 01, 2019 - 11:03 pm:

Have early style take felt in the casting
Pm me

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration