Wanted, trim piece

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted, trim piece
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 08:58 am:

I am looking for what I believe is a piece of bakelite trim that surrounds the inside door opening lever on my '22 Centerdoor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 11:26 am:

Item #4532B Lang’s cataloge .
I believe this is what you are looking for

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 06:40 pm:

Thanks Dennis but that is not it. What I am looking for is not a gasket but a formed piece that fits into the slit that the door opening lever comes through. It appears to be a hard plastic like material that I assume is bakelite. I don't know if the piece is the same on other closed car body styles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 06:51 pm:

Val , I think what you are looking for is the rubber anti rattler. The old ones can be hardened to the point that they are brittle and you might think they are plastic or bakelite.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Fleming on Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 07:45 pm:

Val,
Jim is correct that Part #4532B is the Anti Rattler rubber gasket.
I think this is what is available to replace the trim piece you described. I do not know of any other available.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 08:37 am:

Sounds good. I will order them. The old ones were hard as a rock and broke apart like they were brittle plastic. Thanks to everyone for,the help!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration