WANNA GO ZOOM?? HERE'S THE CARB

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WANNA GO ZOOM?? HERE'S THE CARB
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 09:50 pm:

Got this in a box in the mail today, took it in trade for a set of HP5A's. It is a Zenith HF4B, only one I have ever seen. I believe it is new old stock. It was dirty but just shelf grunge. I cleaned it up in my ultrasonic cleaner, it appears to have never had fuel in it. It does have one small repair to the main jet riser which probably was done at the factory - invisible from the outside. Take a look at the brass caps and things like the idle adjustment knob. The inside of the fuel bowl was spotless and the float appears to never have had fuel on it.

This is the finish that was under the dirt, if you want it shinier I'll wire brush it before I send it.

It should mount to a stock T manifold and fit between the frame and the engine pretty well. You will have to slot the bolt holes on the manifold as it is a slightly wider flange.

Notice that you can turn the choke and inlet housing either up or down although up is the design.

This should really wake up a T engine, especially if you have a good head (Prus Cast Iron?) and a hot cam. It would look cool parked down there behind the frame, too.

Pickup needs tires, propane bill is due, want to go to a couple swap meets, Unca Stan is making you a smoking deal. $750 either check or Paypal and Unca Stan will pay the US shipping.

The relay thing on here doesn't work well for me so my email is stanhowemt at aol dot com or my phone is four zero six nine four nine three four four eight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 09:53 pm:

I will post more photos when my Internet decides to work again. I have CHARTER which works part of the time but never when you are needing to get something done. The only thing they are good at is collecting the money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, January 02, 2019 - 10:03 pm:

I have restarted the modem probably 15 times today trying to get it to work. NO dice. Have Internet for 2 or 3 or 5 minutes and then it goes out again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, January 03, 2019 - 02:13 pm:

The Zenith is sold, going to Texas to go ZOOM ZOOM!!!!!!!

We'll have a little piece of ham in the beans Sunday after all!

Thanks!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration