Fellow T Lovers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Fellow T Lovers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sandra Lawson on Saturday, January 05, 2019 - 08:02 pm:

My husband passed a little over a year ago and left behind LOTS of T stuff. Since he loved the dry humor and spent hours reading this forum, I hope to find some help here.

I'm hoping someone could help me determine what all the chassis, bodies, parts and boxes of lenses are, and/or if there's someone(s) interested in salvaging.

I feel obligated, based on his love of his T(s), to preserve what I know are rare items based on their age.

Please email me if you can help. I'm located in South Carolina.

slawsonnapier@yahoo.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin, Kannapolis, NC on Saturday, January 05, 2019 - 08:46 pm:

Where in SC are you? I am in NC just north of Charlotte. I would be happy to help you. Darryl

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, January 05, 2019 - 09:42 pm:

Mrs. Lawson,

So very sorry for your Loss

Thank you for posting

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 03:23 pm:

For Mrs. Lawson,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Thank you for wanting to find the T parts a good home. I'll also contact the South Carolina Model T Ford Club to see if they have someone closer.

Note once the parts are identified you have lots of options for finding them a good home. From listing them on e-bay, advertising them on this site, donating some of them to the Model T Ford Club of America Museum, donating some of them to the Model T Ford Club International Youth Auction (they are sold to raise money to support getting the youth more involved with Ts -- that is guess -- but I know when I looked it up several years ago it was worth while\). Contacting Smith and Jones Antique Ford Parts; 60 Wisconsin St.; West Columbia, SC 29170; Phone 803-822-4141 and seeing if they would be interested in purchasing some or all of them etc. Depending on how many items and the value of them, you could even consider an on-site auction.

I will send you an e-mail after posting this.

For Darryl,

Her profile shows Mullins, SC and Google maps says that's about 2 1/2 hrs from Charlotte (some toll roads or add 18 minutes if you skip the toll roads). About 1 1/4 hrs from Sumter where I live. Screen shot below is from Google Maps - thank you Google!

Note the South Carolina Model T Ford Club used to have a member in Marion, SC -- which is about 13 minutes away. I'll try to follow up on that to see if they are still located there. My grandparents lived in the same house from the time they married to until they passed away. I lived / worked in many states and countries courtesy of Uncle Sam. So it seems like many folks move more often now days.

For Keith,

Thank you for sending me a note pointing me to her classified listing. I probably would not have seen that one as I don't normally check the classifieds that often. I'm sure we will be able to help her out and/or find the right people to help her.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry K. Lee on Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 06:20 pm:

Hap,

A Special Thank You from me as that is the right thing to do. Helping a fellow T guy's widow!

All the Very Best to You Hap!,

Hank in Tin-A-See

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, January 06, 2019 - 09:12 pm:

Indeed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Bowie on Monday, January 07, 2019 - 12:42 pm:

Condolences to the Lawson family. I'm relatively new on the forum...but if Hap or who ever goes out to help Mrs. Lawson needs an extra set of hands...please let me know.

-William

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Albert Belling on Monday, January 07, 2019 - 02:40 pm:

FS Ford TT I am posting this for my friend Tim who lives in Hokah,MN. It has a completely rebuilt engine, original body which was painted 15 years ago. Drives and runs great. It would make a nice parade car. $11000
Tim is moving to a smaller place and does not have room. Call him at 507-429-6226

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Albert Belling on Monday, January 07, 2019 - 02:41 pm:

FS Ford TT I am posting this for my friend Tim who lives in Hokah,MN. It has a completely rebuilt engine, original body which was painted 15 years ago. Drives and runs great. It would make a nice parade car. $11000
Tim is moving to a smaller place and does not have room. Call him at 507-429-6226

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 06:22 pm:

Albert -- re-posted the TT for sale for a friend
listing on the new forum at:

http://www.modeltfordclubofamerica.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=132

I've sent an e-mail to Mrs Lawson as well as to the point of contact for the South Carolina Model T Ford Club. I have not heard back from them yet but it has only been a day or two since I sent the e-mails. If we need additional help we will post here and/or on the new forum. Or if someone is closer feel free to contact her and we will gladly support your efforts.

William -- thank you also for your offer. Once we find out what Mrs. Lawson wants done, and how many parts she is dealing with; and what time frame (a couple of months or no rush etc.); and is she talking about (small shed or barn?) we will let you and others know if we need additional your help. Google Maps has you about 3 hours away.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration