Link to 2014 Forum

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Link to 2014 Forum
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 09:00 am:

Chris, the main link to the forum on the MTFCA home page doesn't show the 2014 forum yet, just thought I'd let you know.

Folks can still get to the 2014 forum from the main page by clicking on the 2013 forum, then click on the forum link at the top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 09:05 am:

It shows up for me Mark, but then everything on the internet does, since I am using Windows XP.

Maybe you are using an ersatz browser like Google or Firefox? You might have to do something to your machine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 09:09 am:

Thanks, Royce. Hmm, I also use Windows XP, but I am using the Google Chrome ersatz browser. I'll search for MTFCA on Google and update my bookmark.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 09:16 am:

My view on Google, Firefox, etc is that you get less but supply them with information they otherwise would not have on you. All disadvantage for you, no benefit, and lots of stuff doesn't work right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 09:27 am:

Royce, I use Linux and firefox no problems and firefox lets you put in less than honest info

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 09:28 am:

I updated my bookmark on Chrome, no change, so I closed Google and opened Explorer, still no change.

I don't see the 2014 forum when I use the MTFCA main page forum link. I'll continue to investigate. In the meantime, I have a workaround.

The only benefit to Chrome is that most pages load faster than on Explorer, at least on my computer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays KS on Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 09:28 am:

Happy new year everybody. The book mark I save is the Last Day,, if you look at the top or bottom of the page and click on Last day like I do you'll see until tomorrow both 2014 and 2013 posts. because I check it almost every day, Last Day works fine for me. My guess is till next week Last week will contune to show 2013 till the 8th with out switching back and fourth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 09:33 am:

Photo from my 2008 Blackberry:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 01:55 pm:

I'm having the same problem. Using XP and Explorer. From the home page, the 2014 forum link is not listed, but I can get to it from the link posted in the 2013 forum. Also, on the 2014 forum, there is no link to the home page as there are on the forums from previous years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 04:12 pm:

My XP and Google don't bring it up through the usual entry. However someone else had posted a link which worked for me. I book-marked it for myself and have been using it since. I later added a link onto another 2013 thread in the hopes that others could find it. I am sure that Chris will have it all up to fine soon. He is "out of country" temporarily and said he lacks his full resources.
The one change I noticed is the addition of a "E-mail" sign-in below (like MTFCI used to have before their change last June). I do not worry about it.
THANK YOU Chris B!
Drive carefully, and enjoy the New Year! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 05:11 pm:

Doesn't show up for me either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 05:12 pm:

It shows up on both Chrome and IE by using refresh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 05:20 pm:

Don't have the tools to fix these little issues, will when I return from holidays.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 05:28 pm:

No problem, enjoy your holiday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 07:19 pm:

Chris, I guess this means you don't travel with a Sonic Screwdriver?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration