Happy New Year to All, Still looking for a TT aux trans

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Happy New Year to All, Still looking for a TT aux trans
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark McWethy on Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 01:03 pm:

Happy New Year to all. I hope you and all your adventures the best for the New Year. Still am looking for a Aux transmission for my TT. Any information on a Rocky Mountian 6 Speed (I might know of one but need a shifter) or any other overdrive trans. Don't know any thing about any of them just want to be able to keep up with the cars :-)) Once again Happy New Year and be safe T'ing
Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 04:27 pm:

Keep your eyes open for a high speed ring gear and worm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 04:31 pm:

I have a Langbein 1.6:1 overdrive for a tt. One gear is worn and should be replaced, I suppose.

Ad for car model:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bryan Ostergren on Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 08:45 pm:

Mark, I have a shifter for a Rocky Mountain trans. If you decide on the RM I'd be willing to part with it. You can call me at (818) 321-5360.

Bryan Ostergren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 09:34 pm:

Hello Bryan I'm the one w/the RM TT setup, but I'm short the base of the shifter unit, so if Mark decides on the trans set-up he will need your shifter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 12:13 am:

Howdy Mark, I have a Rocky Mountain going in my truck. Hope to have the truck up on the road this year - however I have said that for a couple years now :-) rebuilt my front and rear ends + wheels, installed high speed gears. Here's hoping for good things in 2014!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark McWethy on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 06:31 pm:

Thanks for the info so far. Tom let me know how you like the set up. I am really interested to know. I am leaning to go that route my self. Hope everyone has a great 2014.
Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark McWethy on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 06:42 pm:

Rick, Don't know anything at all with the set up you have. it sounds to be a direct/overdrive set up. If it is complete with couplers, Driveshaft and tube, as well as shifter and linkage it might be worth a consideration. Sounds like parts might be hard to come by.
Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 07:15 pm:

Mark,

Sent you a PM .
Larry

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration