Mini Van

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Mini Van
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 11:51 pm:

A couple of weeks ago A couple of T were coming back from a short trip to Lyons, Colorado. We decided to go North on County Road 21 across the Little Thompson River. The Bridge had been closed due to flooding but was now open. When we got to the bridge we saw what was left of car being loaded on a flat bed. Sunday one of the guys that I have breakfast with every Sunday was showing a picture of a mini ban in his front end loader. I had not realized who was loading the car when we went by.

I doubt that it will work but I will try show a picture of the mini van in the loader.

mini van

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 12:05 am:

I forgot to say that he was paid by the insurance company to haul two cars out of the river. I understand that some of the people that live on 34 can't even find their cars. The highway repair crews were digging up fill in the river to rebuild the highway and found a motorcycle that had been buried in 76 flood.
Another bridge over the Little Thompson. Some of the bridges are still not open.

bridge

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 09:24 am:

my neighbor has a cabin in that area, in or near the park. the land was given to his wifes great grandfather for his civil war efforts. the property is accessed by a bridge across the thompson river owned by 5 land owners. now, the river moved, leaving the bridge looking more like a pier. estimates are over 100 grand to fix the bridge. the river also took out all the land in front of the house, now water 10 feet from the foundation. witnesses say rocks the size of cars were rolling past

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 10:16 am:

Dave;
Looks like Colorado has turned all the dopers loose to buy their dope.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 12:29 pm:

Gives Rocky Mountain High a whole new meaning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Olsen on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 12:31 pm:

Thomas: some sources imply that that is exactly what the song means.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 02:40 pm:

The headlines in the daily newspaper are all about the shops legally selling dope today. They say dopers were standing in line for 4 hours to get their fix. One guy drove all the way from Utah and slept in his car to get his fix. Two other dopers drove all the way from Nebraska to get their fix. Do you suspect maybe car accidents are going to go sky high.
People don't realize that if their kids are hanging out with other kids that are doing pot it is not LONG BEFORE THEY ARE IN TO HARD DRUGS.
Back to model Ts the picture below is at the Dam Store on highway 34. While the State was repairing highway 34 this was as far as we could go. Also the Dam at the Dam Store on 34 lost the top of the Dam. 34 is now open.

barricade

Dam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 02:40 pm:

The headlines in the daily newspaper are all about the shops legally selling dope today. They say dopers were standing in line for 4 hours to get their fix. One guy drove all the way from Utah and slept in his car to get his fix. Two other dopers drove all the way from Nebraska to get their fix. Do you suspect maybe car accidents are going to go sky high.
People don't realize that if their kids are hanging out with other kids that are doing pot it is not LONG BEFORE THEY ARE IN TO HARD DRUGS.
Back to model Ts the picture below is at the Dam Store on highway 34. While the State was repairing highway 34 this was as far as we could go. Also the Dam at the Dam Store on 34 lost the top of the Dam. 34 is now open.

barricade

Dam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 05:49 pm:

Dave you make a really good point. There are going to be a lot more dopers driving around. Its going to be especially bad around border towns. It astounds me that anyone thought this was a good idea. It is going to be devastating to tourism and I pity the already overworked police.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Friday, January 03, 2014 - 06:17 pm:

Do the police have a "breathalyser" for pot ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Friday, January 03, 2014 - 06:18 pm:

If not, that makes me uncomfortable !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 02:28 am:

The headline in our local newspaper this morning was about a Longmont toddler test positive for THC (marijuana). The mother of the a 2 year old girl had taken to the girl to the Longmont hospital because the child had become Lethargic. The mother of the girl claimed that the child had found a cookie outside and was eating on it. The mother claimed that she did not do drugs. A search of the house did not find any drugs. I thought the girl died according to the TV, but the newspaper did not say she died.

T

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration