Old style lift available in South CentralTN

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old style lift available in South CentralTN
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 09:28 am:

Forwarding a message from our T club's Pres. John was contacted by this woman who wants someone to save an early auto shop lift located in little Normandy, TN in Bedford County, pop.141!

I have no interest, but maybe someone of you could contact her if interested.

We are in the process of removing an antique model T lift from an old
building in Normandy, Tn. Several locals still remember watching the Model
Ts being lifted on it and worked on. It has v shaped brackets on the I
beams in which the axels fit.
I want to preserve it, but my husband wants to just take it to the recycling
yard. Do any of you guys know who might want this lift? When he sets his
mind on something like this, he follows through, and I think it would be
such a shame to lose this bit of history. Any help you can offer would be
appreciated!

Karen Browning
931-409-7858
--

Karen Kerce Browning
Tullahoma City Schools
karen.browning@tullahomacityschools.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 09:44 am:

I hope someone gets it and posts pictures! Good on her for wanting to preserve it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 10:08 am:

Where is Normandy Tn.?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 10:13 am:

Just got in touch with a member, right in his back yard, he's calling to check it out. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 10:25 am:

Hey Richard, Normandy is off I-24 a little bit, but it's right about halfway between Chattanooga and Nashville.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 10:37 am:

Thanks Seth.
My atlas doesn't show Normandy. Must be around Manchester. Got arrested there once. LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 10:52 am:

LOL, dare we ask what got you arrested? And yes sir, just a little west of Manchester, right on the other side of the lake. Your atlas probably shows Shelby, it's right between those two bigger towns.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 10:58 am:

Seth;
Used to drive a truck and Manchester, Tn. is notorious for arresting truckers at their scales.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 11:15 am:

Just go to . . .
https://maps.google.com/
and type “Normandy TN 37360” (without quotes) in the top line
and click on the blue button with the magnifying glass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 11:25 am:

Well, can't be stopping at the scales when you're east bound and down!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 11:26 am:

Keith, I'm close enough to Normandy to go get this lift to save it. The frame I wanted to give away got picked up a few days ago; I now have room.

If the other forum member saves this lift, great. If not, let me know so I can call Mrs. Browning.

Thanks.

Bill Everett

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 11:29 am:

Actually if you just copy and paste Normandy Tn into a google search you will get a map, photos and more details about the place then you ever wanted to know.
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 11:30 am:

Bill;
I'm trying to imagine what it might look like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 11:41 am:

Ok Bill, I'll find out and let you know. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 12:04 pm:

Come on Richard, you know the way around the scales. There's a little truckstop at the west end you can stop at. I can still picture the route behind the scales. I was never caught going around them and did it for years - and you logged more miles than I ever did. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 12:17 pm:

Fred;
Tenn. used to have a scales at Jasper on the old road US41, Got arrested there once too. Over length.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 02:18 pm:

This is Normandy, the model t garage is the buildings on the right with the green trim, it is narrow with a door in front and back and it has an elevator to move cars to the upper floor.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 02:47 pm:

Dang Richard! How many times have you been arrested?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 03:45 pm:

Seth;
That's nothing,I worked an interstate repair job, driving a dump truck and was arrested 3 times in 3 days driving a truck with faulty lights to no fire extinguisher. The construction Co.furnished the trucks and I only drove it. They were hired by the state.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 04:20 pm:

They must notta paid off the right guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 04:51 pm:

Seth;
Never a dull moment. I never tried to count all the times.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 08:23 pm:

Arrested? You mean they actually haul you off to jail for faulty tail lights and such in America or just until you pay the fine? Sounds kinda harsh either way. Here in Canada, they simply write you a ticket which you can pay when you're good and ready.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 08:43 pm:

Dave;
I got a ticket just east of Windsor, On. The Leasing Co used the wrong vehicle inspection sticker. They let me go, but I think it costed the Leasing Co around $150.00.
U guys have to remember, I did this for 35 yrs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 08:58 pm:

You guys gotta put this in perspective.

Richard and I are from the same neighborhood and trucked our entire adult lives. He stopped at my house late this past summer when he was in the area......and I'll probably stop at his place late this winter. You'd think we'd talk Model T's. Nope, we spent all afternoon telling our truckin' tales. Like he said, never a dull moment. Actually, there were hour after hour of dull times but we don't remember them. Also, some things we'd like to forget and some we'd never tell anyone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 09:04 pm:

Dave;
Most of the time the law just wrote me a ticket and made me post bond, which usually was the cost of the ticket. Most of it was crocked. One time in Tenn. south of Nashville, the cop had the ticket made out and asked me what was the color of my truck.
One time in Ga. they stopped me for not having a Ga. permit. That was $150.00 and I didn't have that much, so he asked me if I wanted to stay in the jail or a motel until the money arrived the next day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 09:29 pm:

Ok. Thanks.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration