Seen on 130 Toll road Austin TX

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Seen on 130 Toll road Austin TX
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan Warrington on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 01:19 pm:

Check this out!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 01:33 pm:

I can get well over halfway, about 2/3's of the way there in fact.

Decent photoshop - if you would use the color from the upper sign letters for the lower sign font it'd make it look more real. Plus just a weee bit of counter-clockwise rotation to the font so that it matches the angle of the sign.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Grohsmeyer on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 02:48 pm:

Can't imagine being overtaken at 85 mph ! Especially when I can only do 22 flat out in our TT. Maybe with the eyeballs shaking I wouldn't see it anyway.
I do like the sign though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 04:04 pm:

come round here, if you can do 25 in anything you
are speeding. "red light city" model t fits
perfectly around here... one and half miles to
napa is like 3/4 hours...traffic jams on dead end
streets 24/7 one billion women talkin on car phones
got it..all day parading around GO home and wash
diaphers or something................

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, January 03, 2014 - 05:15 pm:

Sam.
It is not that bad in N Dighton!
Try circulating the Taunton Green on Friday night in the 60's with the RI and Conn people trying to get to the Cape and it would be close

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Friday, January 03, 2014 - 05:28 pm:

I went up to see John Pepe in Temecula from San Diego in the Jetta and on the way back I was in the third lane on a 4 lane interstate running at 75-80. I was being overtaken on both sides, the speed limit is 70.. To fast for my blood, get back into the 14 T at 35 sounds much better.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 12:43 am:

That toll road stretching from east of Seguin, Texas to north of Austin (Round Rock or Georgetown) is where Texas based Hennessey Performance, test drove one of their modified Cadillac CTS-V cars, 220.5 MPH on a test run before the road was opened to the public. The Texas Dept. of Transportation had to give their approval for the test.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 07:56 am:

SR 130 is a nice stretch of road. Pretty straight with only a few banked turns. It could easily be a 200+mph road. It's dying a slow death though. It's advertised as a San Antonio to Austin route but to get to it from SA you have to drive 40 miles in a different direction. It might make a good route from Houston to Austin but few from SA use it. Besides that, the toll is outrageously high.

Our Texas DOT thinks that the way to improve congestion on roadways is to make them all toll roads. Apparently, that's working for SR 130.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert E. (Bob) Blackbourn, Gautier Ms. on Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 10:55 pm:

I think some hooligan must have changed it.
here is the original.
sign

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 12:12 am:

I bet no one will have the nerve to photoshop this and put, "Cadillacs, just do the best you can". Can you imagine tooling along at 85 MPH and get passed by a Cadillac going 200+ MPH?

Ken, I agree with you on the chosen route. Maybe some day TXDOT will continue it south from its southern end at Seguin following basically Texas 123 to Karnes City and then US 181 to Kenedy and then Texas 72 to meet up with I-37 near Three Rivers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan Warrington on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 03:40 pm:

Be careful what you wish for. A 2014 Corvette was recently clocked at 200.6 mph on 130.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 04:19 pm:

See it here.
http://www.fark.com/vidplayer/8068187

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 04:29 pm:

Hennesey just recently did a Corvette speed run on that same stretch. Stock corvette and hit 200+ mph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-gzNi6MRwI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 04:31 pm:

Oops...sorry...didn't see the last post there..

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration