Cold up here all the toys in the barn

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Cold up here all the toys in the barn
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 06:09 pm:

1929 Essex (2) 31 Essex's, 1927 nternational

68 firebird 400 4 sp ragtop ,
26 T tudor (ruxell, gas gauge,dome light, wire wheels ,
23 T roadster

1928 Willys knight (56) 68 camaro

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 06:11 pm:

last picture posted wrong

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 06:20 pm:

I can hear them wimpering now Come on just one last ride.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 06:22 pm:

-39 C here today,....
I think it would be more like
PLEASE don't make us go out there

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 06:31 pm:

Been there done that 2 years 4 months in Fairbanks Ak unplug the block warmer in the '49 chev crank it and drive 10 miles to get enough heat for the Bias ply tires to quit going bump ...bump etc But I did enjoy ice racing with my yamaha 125 Dang that was fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 06:33 pm:

50F here today.
Drove the ol' T about 50 miles yesterday with 60 other old cars on the New Years Day tour.
Saturday going to the club meeting about 15 miles away.
Oh yeah...it rains all the time here!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 06:41 pm:

-39 C is equel to - 38.2 F
No matter how bad I wanted to go for a ride
I just could not do it ,
my newer pick up won't even turn over

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 06:46 pm:

Well take care and dream of spring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 09:58 pm:

Shawn,
Wow, I thought the current -12F in Northern New York was cold, but your temperature makes it seem balmy here.
By the way I have been to Mountain, ONT many times but not in the last 50 Years or so. My Maternal grandfather was from that area, we used to go back to visit relatives when I was a child, mostly late 1940s and 1950s. Took the ferry from Ogdensburg, NY to Prescott, Ont.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 10:14 pm:

William
My home was built in 1856 so you may have been by it
and I have to say the last two days seem to have fe,t like the coldest I remember

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 10:22 pm:

shawn, love your old barn. too many people are too cheep to keep a good roof on em and they then fall down. predicted high of -15f here in mpls on monday, very rare, good day to just look out the window

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Scott Owens on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 11:33 pm:

It was cool here this morning. So I decided to heat the shop. I opened the bay door and in about 30 minutes I was down to a tee shirt and a short sleeve work shirt. Iam trying to keep the heating bill down so the door trick is working so far. Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart on Friday, January 03, 2014 - 01:27 pm:

Shawn,
That is a nice collection of vehicles you have there.I only have one "T". It is a touring car with a 1919 non starter engine and tranny. The body is a combination '26-'27. I have a 1919 body that is being restored by a local guy here that has restored a couple of pickups. I have no experience in body work. I hope to get that body on it in the spring.
I am sure I must have passed by your house many years ago. I love old houses, although mine is not.
My Grandfather passed away in 1960, so it was before that.During the late 1940s and through the 1950s we went 3 or 4 times each summer to visit relatives in Mountain and surrounding area.
My Grandfather had a sister that lived in the area
The names I remember from those days are Berry and Price.
It has warmed up here to about - 4F. A very bright sunny day in Northern New York.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Shawn Hayward on Friday, January 03, 2014 - 01:55 pm:

William , you should come to the Ogdensburg NY
car show , we go every year , you are about an hour away

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart on Friday, January 03, 2014 - 03:05 pm:

Yes I would like to go, I went to the one last summer at the 1000 Island bridge birthday celebration. There were 3 "Ts" there from Canada, I think they were all driven by members of one family.
Do you know the date of the Ogdensburg show. Is it the one they have during the Seaway Festival?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration