What was your first Ford continued from 2013

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: What was your first Ford continued from 2013
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Thursday, January 02, 2014 - 11:07 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/411339.html?1388719955
This is the link to forum 2013 on What was your First Ford. My 1 st. Ford was a 1958 Ford F-100 long bed. Here is my current a 1914 Model T Ford runabout.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, January 03, 2014 - 03:28 am:

My first Ford was also my first new car, a '78 Fiesta. I think I paid less than 5-grand for it. This was Ford's surprisingly quick response to the OPEC gas crisis and this little baby consistently gave us 40 MPG (and I used to joke about how every 350 miles, we'd pull into a Shell station and moisten the gas-cap with gasoline). With only a radio and heater, the car was about as basic as it could be and in a sense, was very much the Model T of its day. But unlike the Flivver, the Fiesta was wickedly quick and handled like a sports car.

Our Fiesta served us well until one rainy night when some drunk in a Monte Carlo rammed us from behind on the Long Island Expressway. We went into a spin, came out of it momentarily and hit the concrete guard rail, head-on. There sure wasn't much left of the car when we crawled out of it. I unscrewed the gear-shift knob and installed it on my next car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Friday, January 03, 2014 - 07:57 am:

I had always been either a Mopar or import guy before I bought my first and so far only Ford this past June:

ford01

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 03:52 pm:

My first car was a 1990 Ford Tempo. It was pretty quickly replaced with a 1979 Datsun 280ZX which, while it seems like an upgrade, proved to be anything but. I had the most trouble with that car. After a series of other vehicles, mostly Mopar, I didn't have another Ford until 2009 when I picked up my current daily driver, a 2006 Ford 500. 2013 saw me buy my first (but hopefully not my last) T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 04:26 pm:

My first Ford was a 1967 Ford Falcon sports coup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 04:45 pm:

My first Ford was a 1931 Slant window that I paid $150 for in 1960 wish I still had that all original car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Glowacki on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 05:32 pm:

I always heard guys (including dad) say they wish they still had their first car. When I was 17 (back in 1996) I decided that no matter what my first car was, I would keep it forever. So I started looking in the classic car section of the local paper and found a 1953 Ford Customline Sedan. We went up to go and look at her in East Peoria, walked up to the owner and said "well lets hear it run!"...he said "It is running..." We went on a short test drive and then my dad drove it home (I couldn't drive stick yet). That car gave me and a lot of my classmates some great memories in high school. The last flathead made by Ford, and the steeringwheel had the special commemorative "50th Anniversary" emblem. What a cool car she was!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 05:35 pm:

My first Ford was a '29 Model A five window coupe with rumble seat. My next Ford was a '24 Model T coupe and I have been going backwards ever since!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 05:52 pm:

My first ford was a 1989 mustang 5.0 lx 5spd, put a screw type super charger on it and got it down to 12 flat in the quarter with street tires

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernie Williams on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 05:54 pm:

Mine was a 1972 Ford Pinto Wagon I bought brand new in Minot ND. First car and first Ford, we drove it for years with no major problems. It was a great car .... until we let a friend borrow it, the engine light came on and she didn't know what to do so she kept going.... :-(

1972 Ford Pinto

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 06:12 pm:

1928 Model A Ford Standard Coupe! Bought it for $350.00 while in high school in late '50's,.....sold it a few years later (late '60's) for $650.00. For awhile, I figured I was a pretty shrewd guy for nearly doubling my money. Well, I have since changed my mind and have decided that it wasn't all that "shrewd"! Recently bought a '29 Model A Briggs Town Sedan. Took me over 50 years to "move up" from a '28 Model A to a '29 Model A! Oh, yeah,....I really am "pretty shrewd" after all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Z , Candlewood Lake, CT on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 07:31 pm:

My first Ford was also my first "brand new" car. I still have my 1986 Mustang GT that I ordered from the factory. It is completely original except for fluids and battery. It now has a little over 8,700 miles on it. Hemmings Classic Car magazine did a feature article on it in the June 2013 issue. Funny,of all the cars I've owned and restored before and after the Mustang, the one that gets to be in a magazine is one I've only bought and preserved. I posted back in December, but now I'm including a picture from the magazine article . If interested, Google "Matchless Mustang".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 07:45 pm:

My first Ford was a 1978 F150. I beat the hell out of that thing and finally sold it to another guy after torturing it for 265K miles. Now I own a 2004 Escape and 1926 Tudor. I really want to see what the new 2015 F150's are like because I am a lot nicer to my vehicles now and could really run up the mileage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A smith on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 07:47 pm:

In 1976 I bought my first car'1965 Mustang convertible 289 3 on the floor,$75.00.In the fall I bought a 1956 Ford Customline 2dr hardtop,$125.00,this one I still miss.In 1983 I bought a 1956 Ford F750 BIG JOB Wrecker with a large 332 V8.No other until I bought my AUTOWA bodied roadster in 2008.A friend of mine still has the side mouldings from my 56 Customline!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Davis on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 08:11 pm:

My first was 1958 F-100 swb, then 74 Toyota corolla, then 67 Mustang, and nothing but Fords ever sents!!!! And now 1927 model t coupe...... I still have no desire for another Toyota 1 was enough!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 09:28 pm:

My first Ford was the '20 Model T Coupe I bought 3 years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 09:30 pm:

In 1985, I bought a '61 F100. It had a 289, 4 speed and Cragar wheels. I really thought I had something. Owning that one didn't fully cure me of Ford ownership and I bought a '70 Mustang with the 351C. A drunk driver totaled that one in a hit and run after I'd owned it for about a month. I was actually kind of thankful, because I really didn't like the car much. After that, I went back to driving Chevrolets and my only interest in Fords has been limited to ones with starting cranks hanging of the front. I will admit that when I traded in my Suburban a couple of weeks ago, I seriously considered an F150, but I just couldn't pass on that shiny Silverado.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 - 09:47 pm:

Mine is my '23 Touring turned Truck I got just recently.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 12:38 am:

'55 Ford 4 door with '57 312 and 3 spd overdrive. Don.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 04:53 am:

'31 Victoria in 1965, my first collector car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Bergmann Sydney - Australia on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 05:34 am:

My first car was a 51 Ford V8 no frills Tudor sedan in 1956. My second car was a 1930 Model A Standard Roadster, which I converted into a Hi-boy hot rod. First Model T as a pile of parts, 1980.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 10:24 am:

My first Ford was bought Christmas Eve, 1970. I was working nights at a Sunoco station in Manchester,NH saving up for an engagement ring. A regular customer who I routinely asked if he'd sell me his car came in just short of closing time. It was a white 63 Galaxie 500XL convertible with the silver blue interior. I asked my usual and he replied "what will you give me". I had no cash but counted $35 out of the cash draw. Cash and keys exchanged hands with him saying come by tomorrow for a bill of sale as he walked away in the snow and cold. He was a little more than tipsy
so I parked the Galaxie in the shop, put a note in the cash draw for the boss and fully expecting to do the keys for cash exchange again the next day. The knock on the door was answered by his wife who handed me the signed over registration and bill of sale. It was the small block 289 version.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 11:38 am:

My first Ford, but not my first car, was a 54 Ford 6 cylinder, three by the knee. I paid $150 for it in the 1967. After sending a rod through the block at 80mph halfway between San Antonio and Del Rio, I replaced the engine with a salvage yard T-Bird 312 V8. That was a runner. :-)

By the way, I was trying to keep up with the Scout Master in his VW Bus at the time of the blown rod so it's not all my fault.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 11:59 am:

Here is my first Ford. Sept 29, 19461946

I still have this T.

Darel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 11:59 am:

Here is my first Ford. Sept 29, 1946

I still have this T.

Darel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 12:09 pm:

The first Ford I owned was a 74 4-door Maverick, six cylinder auto, rust included. Ran great but the body was trash by the time I drove it in 1982. I've had a few Fords over the years mainly trucks but I'm a GM guy at heart.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skip Anderson on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 12:58 pm:

The first T I bought was a '26, 2-dr Sedan, for $300.00 from A&T Parts on Cedar Ave in Mpls.. 1964 I believe. The start of a long lasting hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Robb on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 01:02 pm:

In the past 62-years I have had nothing but Fords, my first, a 1930 convertible, had a rumble seat and wire wheels. After my discharge from the USAF I bought a 1950 Chevy. Big mistake! I soon went back to Fords, now have 3; 1919, 1965, 2005.
Like Ernie Williams, I also had a '72 Pinto Wagon, and for all you guys who get their jollies knocking the Pinto.....Pffffttt! I ran that baby hard for 286,000-miles, then gave it to my daughter who drove it all through college - Great little car...and a Ford!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 02:35 pm:

My fist was a 66 Mustang coup with 289 automatic. Was driving by the local Mercury dealership when I noticed it in the back lot. Parked my 62 Nova 4Dr (not a proper car for a teen in 1973) Asked the salesman about the car and he told me it could be mine for $50, but I had to promise to tow it home. Made it half way there before I just had to stop, start it up, and drove it the rest of the way home. It was a much better car for cruising with my friend for girls in Twin Falls, I'd. Enjoyed it until I left home for the Air Force. Thought I did well selling it for $350, but wish I still had it now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 02:40 pm:

Here is a picture of my first Ford. A 1958 Ford F 100 Long bed. Bought in 1971.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Geisler on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 03:30 pm:

This all starts out by me bringing a Monagram model of an all plastic and in one color 32 Ford hot rod roadster that I bought at the local super market to my art class in school.

My first Ford was a 28 tudor.
It had been set up for the circle track and looked like a Hot Rod to me. I was in the 7th grade in Springfield, Mo. It was sitting behind the Diamond Tire Garage located on Route 66 heading west out of Spfld. It had been set up for a flathead motor ( the USUAL set up for the Jalopy tracks back then) But they had recently gone to late models at our fairgrounds race track so it had not been yet raced. It had a roll cage, hyd. brake rear and a 37 ugly front axle on it (wide 5). The bill on the car was $150.00. There was no engine nor transmission, radiator nor pedals assy in it yet. A fellow student, Who has since retired as a local police chief of a near-by town, and was in the same grade as I at the time, told me where a "hot rod" was setting not far from our Jr. High. If I went to his house he would show me. Ok! He did not tell me he lived out of district or how far it was. He lived 2 MILES away and we were walking on foot. The car was 1 and 1/2 blocks from the Jr High!!!! In the weeds at the rear of the shop behind the building! Thank God so no one saw it for the over-a-year it had been sitting there. But my walk was 4 miles... if I kept my word and I did. We are still friends today! I traded my bicycle, soap box derby car, and home built go cart that did not have a clutch (too expensive) and a Maytag motor (kick start)! You had to get a run at it to start it and hope you could shut it off or run into a curb to get stopped (stories there too but not now). Plus I had in my rocket bank $12.46 cents!!
We traded and he gave me a real 32 Ford front axle and he kept the ugly front end with the wide 5 wheels on it and hyd. brakes. Only mechanicals on the 32. He also towed it to my house with a 40 Diamond T wrecker pick up and I had a LOT of explaining to my mom to do! Two months later, I brought home another unraced 30 model stock car sitting down the alley from my house so I had 2 now. It was a 5 window coupe and I had to learn how to gas weld on a stock car and mow lawns for that car.

The disease had taken root!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Voss on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 03:50 pm:

Mine was a 65 Ruststang.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rodrigo Nunes Ricardo on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 04:01 pm:

Ford Corcel II LDO 1980 (brazilian made).

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration