Hey Royce,

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Hey Royce,
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, January 03, 2014 - 04:18 pm:

Have you seen this on ebay???

You probably have a copy in your collection but if not, this looks like a nice one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-Ford-Parts-1959-Catalog-No-2-from-Royce-D-Peters on-Minneapolis-/370977734417?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, January 03, 2014 - 04:58 pm:

Stan,

Appreciate the link Stan - we have perhaps 10 or so already. Some time I need to find the letters from Ernie Hemmings to my dad. Ernie was very important to the car hobby, more than most people realize today. A small ad in Hemmings first year got my dad a flood of letters containing enough stamps to pay for a catalog. The catalog sales paid for parts, and the part sales paid for cars.

Without the Model T Ernie Hemmings would have had few subscribers. I still like reading my collection of 1950's - 1960's Hemmings Motor News. The small ones are more interesting.

Dad will be 97 in March. He's not so quick on his feet these days but he still likes to talk about Model T's and watch me work on them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, January 03, 2014 - 06:02 pm:

Got any parts left at those prices?? I'd especially like some of that NOS stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, January 03, 2014 - 06:12 pm:

Royce may be almost 97 but his quick wit and sense of humor is as good as it ever was. He' s a fun guy to have around. Come join us for lunch Tuesdays at McDonalds Preston Royal in Dallas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom on Friday, January 03, 2014 - 06:19 pm:

Royce

You are blessed to still have your dad with you. Lost mine when he was 36 and I was a kid. Think of him everyday. I wish you both many healthy years together.

I'm with Stan, I'll bring my truck by to get a load at those prices!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 12:08 pm:

Royce senior is an old friend in more than one way. I met him in 1948 when he drove over to my home to see my 1910 Touring. He encouraged me to join the AACA which I did the next year. We were associated in business for a few years in Minneapolis when he worked for Brannif Airways. Braniff moved to Dallas and I bought some of his Model T parts, some of which I still have. I continued selling T parts until 1968 and at one time bought the back page of Hemmings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 09:03 am:

Royce..fantastic that your dad is still "up and at 'em" at 97!! Sure wish my dad was still alive. As a kid growing up, always loved hearing his stories involving his Model A, especially about the time he rolled it over in downtown Marion Ohio, buddies picked it back up and they kept on going, and somehow managing to hide it from his dad. I think that's what got me "going" in this hobby, albeit it took me a long time to get into it. He sure would've loved to get out in my T's and of course my one Model A for old times sake.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration