Interesting "Traveller" on ebay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Interesting "Traveller" on ebay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable on Friday, January 03, 2014 - 05:38 pm:

Noticed this too late but did anyone else see it?

travel

From all the enquiries I have had about my Kamper I would have thought this would be of interest to some.
It has an interesting history also,

It was passed in at $4,050,not meeting reserve but could have been purchased at $8375 buy it now.

Still needs work but a good start for someone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable on Friday, January 03, 2014 - 05:42 pm:

Try again??

travel

the ebay number is 201012491353

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Friday, January 03, 2014 - 07:15 pm:

it was on a week or 2 ago too, did not meet reserve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, January 03, 2014 - 08:16 pm:

Not quite the same but a similar arrangement above the fenders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 10:25 pm:

It was re-listed this afternoon, for a 3-day auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-TRAVELLER-LINCOLN-HIGHWAY-TRIBUTE-HAND-BUIL T-CRAFTSMANSHIP-GREAT-HISTORY-advertisement-/201014789423?forcerrptr=true&hash=i tem2ecd6a452f&item=201014789423&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 11:56 pm:

Body looks kind of neat, but from some of the shortcuts I see, I wouldn't have much confidence in the what's underneath.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 12:39 am:

"...attention to detail shows everywhere." As in all those Phillips screws and the plastic wiring? Too bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 01:11 am:

Where on earth did he come up with that seat?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Grabowski on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 02:41 am:

I have seen that type of seats on Ford Tractors

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 02:41 am:

I would think the builder had no previous experience in old cars or the details would be better.

As was noted lousy wiring, and no idea about a seat even the color I would suspect is his own choice rather that what the original was painted and the seat what he was able to find quickly to finally drive it.

His next step after he drove it was probably "Sell it" as the mechanics probably are marginal.

Still at the right price, a vehicle that would attract attention at any car show especially with the history available.

If someone is close by maybe they could gather photo's and a copy of the history for a Vintage Ford article.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration