Budd-Michelin wheels for Fords-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Budd-Michelin wheels for Fords-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 09:38 am:

Where is the Michelin Man?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 10:57 am:

Thanks for the great advertising photos, Herb !

Here's the set going on my wife's F.C. rig - notice the car has 4 lug nuts (incorrect ones as the original brass ones are at the polisher) and the truck has 5.

Anyone happen to have or know of a spare 23" wheel that could be made available ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 10:11 am:

So were there different hubs used with the Budd wheels on the Model T Ford?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 11:32 am:

Yes, there is a hub piece with the studs made especially for those wheels - front and rear. I'll take a photo of the rears as they aren't installed yet. The Michelin hub piece bolts together using original Ford front & rear hubs. I replaced all the bolts w/AN bolts, washers, lock nuts & safety wire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 01:30 pm:

Herb,A preview of things to come! On trucks there was Budd and Dayton wheels the Budd the closed center and the Dayton open center.Dayton's on trucks are starting to be a thing of the past! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 02:01 pm:

Kenneth I'll take your word on it. You should be an authority on all things Budd,Bud. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 02:36 pm:

Bud, have you noticed any of the container trailers up around your way? They run through this area a lot, and I'd bet at least half of them are running 10.00-20 bias ply tires with flat base(non tubeless) Dayton wheels on them still. Some have the tubeless 22.5 Dayton wheels and tires on them, but most(that I've seen) are running the flat base wheels and most of them wobble. I don't understand their logic. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 02:59 pm:

Here's a few photos of the hub assemblies -

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 03:22 pm:

David,Out in the country we don't see many container trailers but if your talking about just the running gear yes.The farmer i truck for bought 10 or 12 frames and used them for bridges for center pivots . Last year he bought 3 36' Macs six leg's 3 up 3 down with polished alum budd's.Anymore it seems like everything has polished Budd's.Very nice wheels Steve!! Bud.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration