Model T handicapped driver photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Model T handicapped driver photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 11:03 am:

This was in todays Waco paper. The T driver was Dallas judge Quentin Corley who was an inspiration for another handicapped individual who was the main focus of this story. Frank Coleman later went on to overcome severe handicaps to be quite an inspirational individual. According to the story he tragically died many years later by accidently setting himself on fire while smoking his cigar. He also didnt have any arms like the Judge in the photo.

What year T is in the photo? It would have to be a Brass T if it were taken in 1916. And I wonder how he manipulated the hand brake. Is that the horn bulb tube next to his left leg or some type of lever for the hand brake?
I probably missed them if there has been other handicapped T drivers photographed but I thought this was pretty neat. I bet Jay has some pics that are similiar. If anyone would it would be him!handicapped

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 11:47 am:

car is a 1913 touring.charlry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rodrigo Nunes Ricardo on Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 08:39 pm:

A Great War veteran?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration