Trunk lid and rear bumper

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Trunk lid and rear bumper
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry kennedy on Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 12:02 pm:

I am working on a 1926 coupe and I need the trunk lid and hinges and hardware also rear bumper and hardware any ideas where to find these items? I would like to find original if possible

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Katy, Texas on Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 01:06 pm:

Originals come up at swap meets, the website classifieds, and on Ebay fairly often. The decklid is the hardest to find as most usually are slightly tweeked out of shape because the prop that holds it open is only on the driver's side and it only takes once to forget to release the prop before pushing down on the decklid to distort it. I have three that need work to be used. The other things that you mentioned: hinges, prop support, rear bumper bars, brackets, and associated parts are available reproduction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 02:37 pm:

Jerry, i would start with Model T Haven in Kansas and go from there, there are several individual used parts suppliers around the country.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 03:30 pm:

Jerry -- I'd recommend placing an ad in the Classifieds section of this website. Ads there get the word out to a lot of active Model T folks. There is a link to it on the home page. Click on the link and follow the instructions; it's pretty straightforward.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration