Assembling 1920 front fenders - assembly drawing needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Assembling 1920 front fenders - assembly drawing needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard T. Rodgers on Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 04:10 pm:

I'm converting an old 1920 heap into a Depot Hack. I have all-new (painted and primed) front fenders, splash guards, running boards, and rear fenders. Also I have the cast iron front fender brackets AND the odd "loop" bolts that are sold to connect the fender to the bracket.

So far, so good.

But I can't figure out how to use the "loop bolts." Exactly how and where do they attach to the fender itself?

I've viewed dozens of photos of Model T's from this era and can't see any evidence of these loop bolts (and their nuts) protruding thru the fender.

I know I'm missing something basic. Can anyone direct me to an exploded drawing of these assembled parts?

MANY thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 04:16 pm:

Here's a picture of the underside of the passenger side front fender on my 1923 touring / pickup conversion, does this help?

fender01

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard T. Rodgers on Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 05:40 pm:

BINGO! I **KNEW** there must be another part I needed. Your photo shows it clearly. So now I'll start looking for that weird bracket and rivets.

THANKS ever so much!

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 06:09 pm:

Richard, fender brackets for almost all of the repo fenders aren't being reproduced. A lot of guys have thrown away their old fenders thinking their new ones would have them in them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 06:26 pm:

I just sold 3 old fenders that I kept for the brackets. Sold them for $10.00 each.
Just look around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Danuser on Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 07:54 pm:

I have used and some NOS front fender brackets and a few rears also danuser88@ktis.net

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration