Swedishbrasscar

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Swedishbrasscar
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 03:38 am:

Just want to share with you some nice cars from Sweden.

http://www.swedishbrasscar.com/dokument/89mass.html

Ake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 08:25 am:

Thanks for posting, Ake. Those are great pictures. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 09:08 am:

No doubt about it: The coolest cars in the world burn gasoline, acetylene and kerosene!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 03:32 am:

Wow. Great cars. Never heard of a lot of them. Thanks for sharing these with us
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 11:30 am:

Great photos!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 02:10 pm:

Ake - Beautiful cars and photography, and an extremely well organized site! Beautifully done Ake,.....you are a perfectionist!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 02:40 pm:

Harold
...and I will not take credit, it's not me who made ​​it.
Just wanted to share with you the.

Ake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 12:44 am:

Åke, how many of those magnificent cars have full swedish history i.e. have been in Sweden from new?

And just so bad you do not have historic license plates in Sweden as we have in Denmark. Such a modern reflective aluplate on an old curved dash does not look right. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 01:41 am:

Great pictures....very well done.
I also have a 1910 2cyl. model 14 Buick like is shown in one of your pictures. Will be posting it for sale in the near future on the HCCA site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 10:07 am:

Michael, I'll jump in and answer - I would think the majority of those cars has a Swedish history since new or near new. The rally was in 1989 and I recognise some of the cars from reading 60's antique car club magazines from when they were discovered/restored. A lot of 1920's-'30's cars were imported from Denmark and Norway to Sweden in the 60's since the interest in old cars started earlier here, but few were brass cars I think - there were few brass cars to be found in neighbouring countries while the junk yards in Denmark were filled with recently driven Model A Fords and the occasional deuce coupe..

The vast majority hobbyist cars imported here from the US has been post ww2 cars. I have only noticed a few brass cars coming from the US in recent decades, often imported by a Danish dealer, Viklit Graae Jørgensen.

One exception might be the 1914 speedster - it was built in Stockholm in the late 70's with Rootlieb parts etc, don't know if the chassis parts had a Swedish history. The same guy bought the remains of a 1903 Ford at Hershey about that time and did an astounding recreation where he made new castings for most of the parts.

Regarding historic plates - I'm afraid special plates would be an invitation for special restrictions regarding use.. Authorities likes to do that, while I'd prefer to decide myself when to use my vehicles.

My regret now is that I didn't work fast enough to get my newest project through the registration process before 2014.. From now on all our new plates has part of the plate blue with that d#%*€d EU symbol, earlier we had a choice to get all white small US size plates. Well, I've still got my tin shears :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration