OT - Step Keys

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - Step Keys
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Holland, Utah on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 02:10 pm:

Does anyone know where or who might sell step keys for old engine pulleys. I have looked at my old engine magazines and have found nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Kevin in Utah.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 03:30 pm:

Your local Fastenal store should have it.
http://www.fastenal.com/web/products?term=step+keystock&searchMode=

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 04:46 am:

You might try McMaster Carr too. If all else fails, any good machine shop could make them for you, although they might be a bit spendy. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 09:01 am:

Kevin, if it's a short key, I always make my own with a good file. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 12:26 pm:

Are you looking for a stepped key, or a GIB key which is the dog-head tapered ones? Gib keys are in the McMaster-Carr catalog as "tapered machine key with head"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 03:43 am:

Many of the old engines do not use standard depth step or gib keyways so check that out first....... ;)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration