How cold will your T go.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: How cold will your T go.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy Stone - WV on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 02:32 pm:

With such frigid temps most all T owners are having this winter how low will your T's coolant go. We are expecting -6 Tuesday morning. Mine checked out at -18 & 20 below today. I hope all is well with it.
Our temp is 54 now & already starting downward .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tman - Right Coast on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 02:49 pm:

Even if it gets colder than 20 below you will be fine I would only worry at about 30-40 below with that much A/F.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken McGirr on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 03:12 pm:

Drove the coupe about 20 miles yesterday. The temperature was 4 degrees, the wind was gusting in excess of 40 mph and it was snowing. I was busy with the manual wiper keeping the windshield clear - but it was fun. Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 07:24 pm:

Roy, just put one of those old fashioned silver globed trouble lights like painters use with a 100 W bulb and rest it on top of the engine, then cover the hood with a blanket so it covers the louvers, and you'll be fine. I have that on my TT firetruck and my Model A out in the pole barn right now. Used to give that extra protection to my former boat engine too. No problems.

Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 09:06 pm:

Roy,My coolant is good for 40 below.
I use Evans Coolant.It boils at a higher temperature and freezing point of 40 below.
I have been using it for years with no problems.
I had the car started the other day. It was hard
to crank. I am ready to go to the Florida tour.
It was 8 here in Delaware the other day and they
say it's going to be 5 or below on Tuesday.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration