An odd-sized grease cup

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: An odd-sized grease cup
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 03:55 pm:

I suppose this is non-T, but I'm always learning new Model T stuff I didn't know about, so I'll ask.

As far as I know there are two sizes on a T. The fan hub and rear axle cups are 7/8". The U-joint cup is 1
11/16". This one is 11/8". Non-T, right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 04:45 pm:

I have seen two different sizes on the U-joint. Not sure if they both are factory or not. That may be what it was used for or not.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 05:20 pm:

On my Bosch triple gear drive (for non generator block Ts) to my DU-4 magneto, I have that exact size grease cup for the shaft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 05:37 pm:

Lots of aftermarket type grease cups.

A favorite is the one with the pointed wedge peg in the cup, and it clips to the spring catch in the cap.

Keeps you from loosing your cap :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 08:11 pm:

My 16 had the pointed wedge type for the u-joint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 10:49 am:

Use the ones Dan pictured. You don't want your cover to come off. I have always used Valvoline products, but haven't ever seen that red stuff!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration