Clock on 1914 Touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Clock on 1914 Touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Sanford - Lucas, TX on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 08:18 pm:

I need information about a clock mounted on a 1914 Touring. The clock runs but the hands are off by about 30 minutes. I don't see any mounting screws on the other side of the dash nor do I see a set screw holding the rim on the clock.

How do I remove the clock or the clock rim to reset the clock hands? Any other information on the clock would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ford Script Clock
Ford Script Clock side

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Kramer on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 08:46 pm:

Dennis,
Usually the rim will turn off,if there is no type of key lock(hole) on the rim.Once the rim is removed the clock can be removed.There are wood screws holding the case to the firewall.
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HarryBennet on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 08:48 pm:

The bezel should unscrew. Turn it counter clockwise. Inside are screws to remove the movement.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 09:02 pm:

Doesn't the winding stem pull out to set the hands?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, January 05, 2014 - 11:18 pm:

Yes the stem sets the time but in this case looks like the one of the hands is in the wrong place. Could be one of them has slipped on the shaft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Sanford - Lucas, TX on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 09:24 am:

Thanks. I tried to unscrew the bezel but did not put too much torque on it for fear of damage.

Does anyone know who made this clock?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 10:07 am:

Can you remove the clock from the dash?
The makers name might be on the back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schiebe - Plymouth, MN on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 10:16 am:

Hello
I have a clock just like that on my 1918 Speedster and it works great. Just like was mentioned you unscrew the brass rim counter clockwise. When that comes off what you have is essentially a pocket watch that has had the face turned upside down. The brass holder will probably have three screws in the back holding it to the firewall.
To re-position the hands you will either have to take to a watch maker or if you carefully remove the front bezel of the watch you can reset. The bezel of the watch will either screw off counter clock wise or may be a snap fit and with proper jeweler tools you can pry/pop off. The hands may be loose and just need a little pressure to align and push back on. It is a cleaver design to use the low cost pocket watches that were so common in a holder so you could add a brass clock in a car or boat in the Model T era.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Sanford - Lucas, TX on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 03:25 pm:

Thanks for the information. I will try to remove the bezel soon and report back. Thanks again for the responses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 03:29 pm:

Just drive it backwards for a half of an hour and your clock would be OK

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration