Temperature in Holland

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Temperature in Holland
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 03:01 pm:

To Day we have a temperature record in Holland
14 Celsius = 57 Fahrenheit
Toon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 03:14 pm:

It's 14 here too, but that's 14 F (-10 C). Spring can't come too soon for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 03:21 pm:

-32C in So-Sask this morning. Now it's a steamy hot -23.

Regards,
Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wilber Elliott on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 03:22 pm:

Got ya both beat - high of 2 degrees Farenheit with wind chill at 20 below!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 03:24 pm:

Het is vandaag -22 C hier (-8 F). Geniet ervan...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 03:26 pm:

It's 4* at my place with wind chill -11*. Tomorrow they say it will be a high of -11* with wind chills -30* to -40*. Anywhere from 2" to 15" of snow! My boss has scheduled a meeting for me in Cleveland tomorrow night and I am having a hard time trying to get him to reschedule it. I don't want to drive and hour in -30* with blowing snow just to see his lovely face.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rion Schulze on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 03:29 pm:

Overnight in Cedar Rapids, Iowa of -18 with a wind chill that hit -53. We had 2 overnight house fires that had us working from midnight until 5 am.

I am waiting for this cold front to come through that they keep talking about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 03:30 pm:

-17 Here with windchill -47 below, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Holcomb, Watertown WI on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 03:30 pm:

-18 F. here today, wind chill up to -50 F. tonight!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 03:48 pm:

Don't give a d**n what the temp is here, I just want the horizontal rain to stop, the garden is a swamp. Least I'm up a hill and not paddling round the living room like others over here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 04:22 pm:

72F here, we NEED rain....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 04:34 pm:

The only good thing about this cold there are no flys!!Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 05:59 pm:

Enjoying a nice cozy 71F here. Different story out side. No mail or paper today. Wimps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 06:43 pm:

Bout ten below when I got up and still dark so I went back to bed until it warmed up to about Zero and it was getting light. Warmed up a bunch today, it's about ten above now. 40+ in Great Falls, they got the Chinook wind we aren't getting 100 miles south. I'm ready for spring.

Warm in the shop, tho. Got a new garage door from Lowes. Came in a big wooden crate. Cut it up for firewood. The way the pile went down the last three days I'm thinking I've got two more days of heat from the wood stove and then it's go buy some firewood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 07:16 pm:

-24 F this morning in Rice Mn. I would imagine there was a windchill associated with that too. But once you get below -20 F who the hell really cares.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 07:32 pm:

Dennis--I think you're a bit east of me, by 3:26 we were already 8 below zero! Thank God I have a well insulated house with 6" ext. walls and R50 ceiling, the fireplace actually kept the furnace (all electric-heat pump) from running since 11 A.M. Just now started to kick in, '13 with 40+ mph winds.
Hope your boss doesn't read your post!! LOL

Tony, I hope you get the rain you need. Wow, so much of the West/S.West is in dire dire need of it, even the Mt. time zone. We've had our share of dry, but last summer was really nice and wet and green. Next summer will probably be the opposite. Nature usually balances itself. That's why we're having a "good old fashioned winter".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 08:16 pm:

He He He Ha Ha
Well today it was 64 and now 59 and will be 36 in the morning, oh I forgot to say that is above ZERO DEGREES F. We are supposed to get rain here tomorrow, maybe.
Sorry to throw cold water on the ones east of us.
But we did have on DEC7th 5 to 6 inch of snow and it did turn a bit colder that normal.
Thank you LORD for the nice weather.

Bill D @14079

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 08:22 pm:

It's -6 here in the middle of the mitten and while the corn stove is doing great i've had to cut it back.I need to burn a little fuel oil to send heat under the house to keep the pipes from freezing.Snow up to my butt and the backhoe won't start but i don't need to go anywhere.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 08:27 pm:

My outside thermometer says it's a cozy 9 degrees above zero here in Cleveland, TN.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 09:43 pm:

A real bugger here too.
It got down to 42F last night, 62 in the daytime, already down to 55 at 6:30 PM.
I changed the water pump on my Aerostar in the driveway yesterday, had to wear shoes and a long sleeved shirt.
I sure will be glad when global warming is finished.
Life is hell, and then you die.

Actually I kind of miss laying under my car on the highway at night tapping on the fuel pump...NOT!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 11:48 pm:

Getting low on wood here too. I need to force myself to get out and cut a lot of it in the spring so there's enough for next winter and it has time to dry out. I waited too late this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 10:02 am:

No ice on the windshield this morning, which is a good thing. We need rain so bad that when it freezes the ice is brown from lack of rain.
The good news is that it always rains at the Turlock swap meet.
Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rion Schulze on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 06:26 pm:

@Steve Jelf-Same boat here! I run an outdoor boiler and not gonna quite make it. Looking at 30's in the next couple days, gonna have to cut! It was 6 above today and felt GREAT!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 07:44 pm:

Steve,
Problem is cut wood or work on the T's....hummmm hard choice. Working on the cars is more rewarding even if don't keep you warm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barry Fowler - Eagle River, Alaska on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 08:03 pm:

Larry, yea a tough choice. The wood, however, will warm you three times: 1 when cut 2 when split 3 when it's burned!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 06:22 pm:

We are out! Been in since sunday! The Ford diesel finale started and also the backhoe!Good to be out! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 06:41 pm:

Up to an absolutely balmy 30 F in St Louis today...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 06:47 pm:

Dick,Please send it north! Bud.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration