1919 centre door sealing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1919 centre door sealing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lloyd Davis on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 04:48 pm:

Hi everyone, this is my first post here, and am looking for some info on sealing up a delaminated roof on a 1919 centre door model t. The roof has come away at the drip rail on the side, it is still attached but needs sealing up.

Also looking for some bud vases that hang on the inside of the cab.

cheers Lloyd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 06:59 pm:

Welcome to the addiction!

Can't help you with the roof but many others here can and will.

I see bud vases on ebay pretty regularly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 07:08 pm:

You may be able to use a small bead of silicon caulk in a color to match your roof in order to seal out the weather. Be sure the wood is OK behind the drip rail and not rotted or the drip rail will keep moving away because the nails or screws have nothing to grip.

The vendors also sell bud vases with mounting brackets. I found a nice pair in an antique shop. Sometimes you can find them at swap meets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 07:16 pm:

Lloyd Davis;

I have several pair of Bud Vases give me a call at 303-774-9246. or an email at modelt1012@msn.com

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 07:16 pm:

Lloyd Davis;

I have several pair of Bud Vases give me a call at 303-774-9246. or an email at modelt1012@msn.com

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lloyd Davis on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 07:43 pm:

many thanks for the info guys, and thanks for the welcome.

Dave Huson, i will send you an email about the vases. thanks

Also how do you post photos here?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lloyd Davis on Monday, January 06, 2014 - 08:11 pm:

Hello Dave, tried to send you a message, but it would not deliver to your email address.
my email is lloyddeb85@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 12:27 am:

Loyd Davis:

I checked above and my email address should be Modelt1912@msn.com

Sorry about that.

My favorite bud vases are the marigold color ones or carnival glass. That was in the picture above.

green vase

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 11:12 pm:

Lloyd,
I was hoping one of the sedan guys would chime in about your top. I'm not really a closed car guy. I've done tops for a TT, a Depot Hack, and built a closed cab pickup. None of the top wood I've used was laminated. You may need to replace some wood, or it's next open trailer ride, it may arrive topless! I'd recommend you use the search, and track down some of the center door owners on this Forum and email them directly. That can be done easily if they are registered on the forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lloyd Davis on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 01:36 am:

Thanks Mike, I might have to dig out some of the tar on the side and do a bit of investigating work. I have heard of a centre door here in Aussie that was transported on a trailer with no wind protection and was converted into a tourer.

cheers Lloyd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 12:48 pm:

hi. if you need a hole new top call me and I will tell how I do it. I have done 6 wood & top jobs.417 394 2788.charley p.s. I don't want to do any more!!!!!!!!!!!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration