Error drawn, but how many?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Error drawn, but how many?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 01:53 pm:

I'm sometimes surprised that when you illustrate it will be wrong.
Where have you got hold of the starting material?
I have found at least five errors when I briefly looked at it.
It is available on ebay and the seller is from Germany.
Am I wrong? T Ford out 'so maybe here in Germany but I doubt it.
He describes it as 1913

Ake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 01:58 pm:

My eyes aren't good enough for such a small photo, but the coilbox and intake are messed up. No plugs or wires either. is that a generator with a red or brown cutout on it - definitely wrong.

Regards,
Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 02:04 pm:

Definitely not 1913.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 02:16 pm:

There are few T's in Germany, so few to look at when making a cutaway drawing. Looks a little mixed up, but I won't comment on the odd colors - they are often added to increase visibility.

The windshield combined with a low cowl points to 1923 while the round gas tank is a 1919 and older feature. The coil box mystery is already mentioned. Another non original (but safety improving) feature is the accessory lights below the original headlights. The horn sticking out on the LH side is another likely modern addition since bulb horns were out of style on cars during the 20's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 02:17 pm:

1923 maybe, not 1913. Round tank, coil box misplaced, brass hubcaps, nickeled headlight rims, non-Ford head (?). It looks like he has the frame rails extended forward of the front cross member.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 02:18 pm:

More like a 1917 and still has too many errors to list.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 03:28 pm:

Note also " The One Man Top " ???

Regards, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 04:18 pm:

Mostly 1923 with the low cowl, sloped windshield and 1-man top.

Engine is earler with 2-piece valve covers
cowl is wood
round tank
coil box location
early style running board brackets
2 arms on the right side parking brake rod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 04:37 pm:

You missed large drum rear end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 04:42 pm:

Nice drawing, shame so many errors. It is not an accurate drawing of a 1913 Model T. I would guess at over 100 errors.
If it was described as a 1927 then the error list would be less. The obvious ones are the coil box, the firewall, the carburetor, the fan and the gas tank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 04:48 pm:

Fat tires?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 07:39 pm:

Michael, for a 27 the tires are one of the few things right.... For a 13 just add it to the list, now 101.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 09:06 pm:

Late model radiator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Dysart - SoCal on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 12:56 am:

Curved, not crowned, rear fenders are 15-16, the crowned front fenders are newer. Did any Touring year have a windshield that is hinged at the top as shown?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 02:29 am:

Also, 4-blade fan and weird horn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 02:35 am:

Oops! Roger already caught the horn and I was thinking Model A,....the 4-blade fan is right! My eyes are not good enough and it's past bedtime! At any rate, definitely not a '13 with black radiator and large drum brakes typical of the "new improved Model "T"! (....hey, I had to get SOMETHING right....)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 04:21 am:

I can not find any Ford logo on the steps.
The short stays riveted to the footsteps.
3 rear windows came in with one-man top.
Not removable wheels.
The windscreen pillars has no holes.
  etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 04:24 am:

I forgot the engine wall is not made of wood, if one is to run at 1923.
1913 is what you are saying 101 .... or more

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration