TT door

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: TT door
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By edward bucholz on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 02:01 pm:

my drivers door is about 1 1/2 inches open at bottom of drivers door.could i have wrong door or is it twisted that much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 07:27 pm:

Welcome aboard David. If it is above the floor when closed, you have the wrong door. If it's twisted and don't go to the cab, it's just twisted. Really need to see a pic of problem area with door closed. I can't imagine what would fit/install and be 1 1/2 inches too short.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 11:58 am:

What kind of cab do you have Edward? Like Mike said, a picture of your area of concern would be best

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By edward bucholz on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 06:54 pm:

i have a C cab the door goes on the hinges fits ok eccept thebottom back corner. i,m in texasand won"t be back to indiana till march 4 to take a picture.its not to short if twisted in.I think it might be off touring car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 07:14 pm:

It's twisted. The metal moves easily to follow the wood frame. The frame needs to be correct and screwed together to hold it in the correct position, (sometimes a diagonal thin metal strip like a saw blade corner to corner works)then the door nailed to the frame. I've encountered some wood door frames that were glued together and didn't fit correctly, necessitating replacement of the wood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 09:24 am:

Edward,
I'm in Texas too (be sure to always capitalize Texas) Give me a phone call (512) 376-4180. Remind me its about a C Cab. . .

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration