Another Forum member gone

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Another Forum member gone
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 06:04 pm:

I am sad to report that George Button III (Chip) apparently passed away last June. Kathy asked me to pass this along to Forum members in reply to a Christmas card I sent them.

Chip had just gotten new wheels for the 1914 Depot Hack his father had built and his last few posts mentioned health problems.

I did not know him well but we talked some in reference to some Forum subjects by E-mail.

Kathy hopes his brother will teach her how to drive the T. My heart goes out to her and any family they have.

Rich Eagle

(If any of these details are in error, please correct me.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 06:41 pm:

Sorry to hear about Chip, he could be seen driving his Hack all around the Adirondacks regardless of the weather.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 08:19 pm:

Sad to hear. I liked his posts, (meaning I liked him, although we never met). Thank you for the notice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 08:55 pm:

I think its always so sad when friends hear about anothers passing after they are already gone. Unfortunately only the family is afforded the good words from their friends.

If you have not read the thread from RDR please check it out. It is one that we are able to tell him directly how we thought of him and how many people will miss him and his posts.

I appreciated the fact that he afforded us that opportunity.

My condolences to the Eagle family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 08:57 pm:

Sorry, The title is Farewell Friends

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 09:49 pm:

Wow sorry to hear that. Chip was a real nice guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Klem on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 10:10 pm:

So true it is that you don't really know a lot about your acquaintances until you hear all about them at a memorial service.

If you are in a club, or a group, or some type of gathering of folks with similar interests, might I suggest that you propose to that association that at each meeting a different person gives a bit of insight into what has brought them to where they are now.

Here we all have an affair with the Model T. What else do we have in common that could promote an even closer bond. I know the "Forum" is not the place to bring up OT subjects, but amongst our own "T" circles this could be an insightful endeavor.

My $.02

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 10:18 pm:

I met Chip on the Vermont tour a couple of years ago. He was only able to get away to be at the tour for two days as I remember, but we had some good conversations.

Chip was a nice guy and an avid Model T'er.

Our condolences to the family.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 10:31 pm:

I believe I corresponded with him on a few occasions. Sorry to here of this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 10:54 pm:

Very sad news, indeed. Chip was a helpful and kind gentleman. Quite a loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 09:30 pm:

Yes, it's too bad Chip was not able to take the opportunity to do a farewell post. It might have eased his transition, and that of his family. I hope somebody shares this thread with them.

In spite of what you think of me is none of my business, all the great replies to my Farewell have comforted me. I have added this to my list of things going for ALS:

Most of all, I get to read the good things people think of me without the negatives. It's better than attending your own funeral.

Thank you all.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration