Old Photo - pre 'T' in Western Australia

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - pre 'T' in Western Australia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 06:09 am:

I was going through some stuff and came across this photo of a pre 'T'. It can be found in "Torquing of Marques" by A. John Parker on page 54. The photo in his book has a photo credit of Eddie J. Rigg, which I have duly copied here. This photo is taken in Western Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 06:31 am:

David, I believe this is an early N, judging by the high shoulders and neck on the radiator. The radiator looks like a honeycomb too. It looks as though they had one light mounted on the right side in front of the firewall (bracket). I wonder what it's mounted to?

Thank you for posting,

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 07:35 am:

This "N" cars pointed turtle deck is discussed on Ned Protexters post of his new found project.

I assume that the radiators with the crank in the center had leaking issues?
Any guess on the date of the photo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 08:07 am:

Dennis,
If the radiator is original to the car, my guess I'd a 1906 early 1907 (model year). I don't know how long to allow shipping "down under"? This N appears to have a few years of wear and tear on it, so no idea of year the pic was taken.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Trevan - Australia on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 04:38 am:

I believe the original engine in the restored early ''N'' in WESTERN AUSTRALIA was #28 ??. I also was told it had round style foot steps the same as the 1903-4 ''A''?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration