One of the Neatest Old Photos of a Model "T" Around

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: One of the Neatest Old Photos of a Model "T" Around
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 07:47 am:

Happy Times in Haney Port Hammond, British Columbia: These cheerful members of the Haney Athletic Club who took to the highway in their trusty Model T Ford almost one hundred years ago were spreading the word about the Baseball Dance at the Agricultural Hall on April 19th. Learn all about the occasion and see another photo and much more @ http://theoldmotor.com/?p=111387

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 08:00 am:

cowl light and headlight both missing glass on left side at least 3 different style tires on the car. looks like they are having fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 08:04 am:

Great pic! Out "cruisin chicks."

Thank you for posting,

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 08:06 am:

That is neat. What do we figure the car is, 1917 or 1918? Could be later. It must be a non starter car because the crank handle is shiny clean. One oil lamp is either open or broken due to the rowdy conditions that car has to face.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 08:34 am:

Interesting that they have a windshield and some of them are wearing goggles. Do you think they had a practice of standing up and riding?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 08:36 am:

It looks like both front tires are agricultural

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 08:37 am:

That is one "experienced" '17 or '18, with the wishbone above the axle and an accessory brace below. "Cruising chicks" indeed, probably hoping to get dates for the dance in the process. Pretty simple spare carrier, just hang it on the top support. :-) What a fun pic!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KEN PARKER on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 10:24 am:

David W.,

Looks to have oval top-irons which would be an early '17 US but maybe not for Canada.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 10:29 am:

What is your guess on the year?

Possible choices are 1921, 1927 and 1932.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 10:34 am:

its got one of those cool "more lite " headlight lenses. must provide so much more light that you only need one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 10:46 am:

That spare tire matches the one on the right front. I have a set with a similar traction tread. I don't thing there would have been ag tires like that in 1920, there was virtually nothing that used rubber tires on equipment that early unless it was made from Model T's or other old cars.

It has Hasslers on the back. Interesting that guys from the Athletic Club smoked back then. I'll bet the kid driving is the son of the guy sitting in the left rear seat.

Interesting photo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 11:08 am:

!934

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 11:13 am:

Sorry it's Tuesday not Thursday

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 11:31 am:

Check out the "guys" on the porch. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 12:45 pm:

And that drug store probably has heroin and morphine by prescription only. I wonder if he also has some Yohimbe bark?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 01:06 pm:

Thomas is right, it's either 1921, 1927 or 1932. I'm thinking that it can't be 1921 because the car looks older than just 3 or 4 years old. However, The Old Motor website caption says, "...on April 19th in the early 1920's".

I'm guessing 1927.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 03:20 pm:

You could possibly check the Haney newspapers from that time period and find an ad for the event.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul wilcox on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 05:23 pm:

I would say its a 21 low hood, straight up windshield

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 08:01 pm:

I don't think it has a radiator cap either.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration