Profile picture

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Profile picture
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 08:32 am:

O.K. I'm not the most computer savy guy, but I just updated my user profile and would like to put a picture in. I have tried resizing the photo to under 200KB using "paint", but an error message keeps coming up. Can anyone tell me how to post a picture on my profile?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 08:44 am:

Is it just barely under 200K? Try resizing it to 190K or a little less and try it again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 09:43 am:

Try what Mark suggests. Crazy computers think a "K" is 1,024 not 1,000. That means the file size you see on your computer is really bigger than you thihk. Apparently, the 200K limit on the Forum must be actual bytes. In theory, if you get it under 195K you should be OK.

Of course, as Yogi Berra once said:

"In Theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In Practice, there is."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 10:14 am:

I always say, you can't have too many "K".

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 12:17 pm:

I agree on the file size. I find that 194 KB is tops for me. An interesting quirk is that after I resize a picture to 194 KB or less, the computer may show it as a higher number like 236 KB or 242 KB. That doesn't matter. As long as it was 194KB or less when I resized it, it works.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 03:15 pm:

This is what Rob eats for breakfast.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 06:47 pm:

I wonder if Kangaroo is his favorite exotic meat?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Norton on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 07:06 pm:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini#Morris_Mini_K_.28March_1969_.E2.80.93_August_1 971.2C_Australia_only.29

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 07:30 am:

Down load a free program fast stone photo resizer. VERY easy to use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 10:04 am:

Or if you have a Mac use the built-in resizer. Much easier than the clunky annoying thing on my Windows machine.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration