Question about 26 -27 Ford brake/tail light mounting bracket

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Question about 26 -27 Ford brake/tail light mounting bracket
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 12:33 pm:

Are the faces where the license plate and tail lamp mounted parallel and is the offset at 90 deg. to those?
Thanks
MarkG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 01:00 pm:

Here is a good thread with pictures and ideas by Dan Treace on how to modify a Model A repro bracket to fit the T: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/314686.html?1349058681

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 05:51 pm:

Mark, I have just been through this mounting a right hand tail light to my LHD car to match the standard LHD light. There are differences between the US and Canadian lamps but I found that the tail light and plate mountings were not parallel. The offset between the two planes is about 1" wide and is set at about 45degrees. This means the light is set behind the plate. Accordingly, the light mounting is angled a little to allow the light to shine back towards the plate a bit.

Put another way, if the plate surface is vertical, the light surface is tilted, with the top of the surface further to the rear.

Hope this is clearer than mud!
Just my observations.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 07:45 pm:

a related question.......i am just going to mount tailights on hack rear fenders that have never had lights on them. It is a 1926, and i need to know the dimension from the rear bottom edge of the fender, to the uppermost hole in the bracket. There are three mounting holes, in a triangular pattern. I have the undermount plate, so i can figure out the left/ right dimension. can someone help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 09:30 pm:

the measurement from any 1926-7 rear fender should be the same. it doesn't need to be a hack fender.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Murray - Anacortes, WA on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 10:03 pm:

Hi Tim, Just measured the outboard lower screw hole at 12" from the lowest bottom edge of LH rear fender. Plus,that same screw hole is 5" inboard from the outboard edge of same LH fender. The bracket actually is not centered on the fender, but rather cheats to the inboard of the fender.

TT

Hope that helps...W

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 10:44 pm:

Thank you, Wayne. That will do it. Many,many thanks! Beautiful car you have there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 10:56 pm:

Allan, not too muddy, thanks.
MarkG

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration