OT - I'm 69 today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - I'm 69 today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 12:48 pm:

I have to stumble home from work and take a nap before I hurt myself :-)

When I was 10 I thought 20 was old.
When I was 20 I thought 40 was old.
When I was 50 I thought 60 was old.
When I was 60 I thought 70 was old.

Now that I'm closing in on 70 I know that 70 is old. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 12:54 pm:

Fred,

You're just suffering the latent effects of wartime parts shortages. Although, you should outlast the baby boomers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 01:10 pm:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRED!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 01:37 pm:

Happy Birthday Fred

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 01:45 pm:

70 is not old. I'm past it now and it was little different than 50, 65 or 69. I still like old cars, young women & country music. The priority order varies by the day and other factors.

Happy Birthday

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 01:45 pm:

Fred,
I think of it a little differently:

When I was 10 I thought I was 20.
When I was 20 I thought I was 40.
When I was 50 I thought I was 50.
When I was 60 I thought I was 50.
I'm hoping that in 4 years when I turn 70 that I'll think I'm 40!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOWEVER OLD YOU THINK YOU ARE!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 01:46 pm:

Happy B-day Fred. At this age it's time to drop your inhibitions. I all but propositoned the clerk at Trader Joe's this morning. Never had the guts before.

She was pleased, but didn't take my fone #.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 02:04 pm:

Well, Ralph, what the heck would you have done if she'd have taken her apron off and said, "Let's go?"

That's what I always worry about, what if she says yes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 02:18 pm:

No kiddin' Stan, but I think us older guys are pretty safe from that problem. The younger women seem to think we're cute, but.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 02:24 pm:

Holy Mother of God, I will be 80 the last day of this month and that is Chinese New Year. So I guess I will have a popping good time. My Chinese Girl Friend is taking me and another girl for lunch, hum that is going to be interesting.
Tell you the results/story next month if I live after that.

bill d

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 02:30 pm:

Happy Birthday Fred! I have to say, when I hit "the big seven oh" a couple years ago, I quit the numbers thing. As far as I'm concerned, "old age" is anybody that's ten or more years older than I am!

(....that might not make sense to you or most others Fred, but I'll bet Bill can relate to that.......)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 02:33 pm:

I'm 73 and I don't feel any different from when I was 50...until I try to get out from under a car.
One thing I've noticed is the older I get the less people expect of me.
That's kinda nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 02:35 pm:

A lot more women look at me since I've lost weight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 03:33 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 03:37 pm:

Dang, Jay. That hurts! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 03:38 pm:

Fred,

You are just a baby! Our oldest active member turns 99 on January 17.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 03:54 pm:

I'm know I'm old because I prefer the soup! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 04:57 pm:

Happy Birthday Fred! If your ever in the area maybe we could talk T's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 05:42 pm:

I'll wait until tomorrow to wish you a happy birthday and it won't matter because you won't remember... at your age!

Happy Birthday Fred

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Weir on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 06:38 pm:

I turned 85 two days before Christmas, and am glad to be alive. I can generally do most things, but I stay off ladders, slow down when facing a set of stairs to let my gyroscope catch up with me. I haven't lost any parts in the last two years so that's helpful.

Wish everyone a healthy and prosperous new year

Sincerely

Jim Weir

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach & Big Bear on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 06:46 pm:

Oh why are we sitting here talking about it, it must be because we are doing without it !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Baker on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 07:24 pm:

Fred today was Elvis Presley's birthday too. My daughter shares your birthday too she turns 3 today!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 09:02 pm:

Happy Birthday Fred....hope that you have many, many more to enjoy ! !

WHY MEN ARE NEVER DEPRESSED:

Men Are Just Happier People --

What do you expect from such simple creatures?

Your last name stays put.

The garage is all yours.

Wedding plans take care of themselves.

Chocolate is just another snack...

You can be President.

You can never be pregnant.

You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park.

You can wear NO shirt to a water park.

Car mechanics tell you the truth.

The world is your urinal.

You never have to drive to another gas station restroom because this one is just too icky.

You don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt.

Same work, more pay.

Wrinkles add character.

Wedding dress $5000.

Tux rental-$100.

People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them.

New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet.

One mood all the time.

Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat.

You know stuff about tanks.

A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase.

You can open all your own jars.

You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.

If someone forgets to invite you,he or she can still be your friend.

Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack.

Three pairs of shoes are more than enough.

You almost never have strap problems in public.

You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes.

Everything on your face stays its original color.

The same hairstyle lasts for years, even decades.

You only have to shave your face and neck.

You can play with toys all your life.

One wallet and one pair of shoes -- one color for all seasons.

You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look.

You can 'do' your nails with a pocket knife.

You have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache.

You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives

On December 24 in 25 minutes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chester W. Lowery TN on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 09:22 pm:

Happy Birthday Fred....and may good health be with you....that's a blessing itself.....I am only 63 and I have my days.....I like the one getting out from under the car....I rolled off the creeper to help pick myself up and twisted my back and ended up three days later at the Doc's office....that had never happened before....so I am very careful now getting up....

Dave, I enjoyed reading why men are happier people.....so true....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 10:04 pm:

Happy Birthday Fred.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 10:15 pm:

Fred, I'm ahead of you by a couple of years. Two thoughts:

"Old" is always about 15 years older than you are.

The older you get, the more good-looking women you see.

Happy birthday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 10:55 pm:

Fred,
Happy Birthday....I am in the same boat as Dick Lodge when it comes to age.
The young, good looking girls can HURT you. Stick with the older gals that move slower, less demanding, don't get mad for you spending time in the shop and know how to cook.

SMILE!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duane Markuson on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 11:44 pm:

Just have to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! It's mine too,you have got me by 10. My day was spent skiing with my wife, daughter, and my daughters boyfriend. Any birthday is a good one. I feel blessed to be able to still go and do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 12:23 am:

Happy Birthday, Duane! I remember when you were young.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 08:10 am:

Thanks for the good wishes.
I am currently sitting in the waiting room for an MRI and feeling old because my knee hurts.
Actually my knee hurts more than the rest of my body.
I hope they don't try to find my brain cause it left a few years ago

Earlier I said that I am now choosing soup and am surprised that most of you are not doing the same

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 11:25 am:

Fred Happy Birthday! Soup or super... it's all in your mind!

Yesterday as I was approaching the door to a store, a cute young lady jumped in front of me to open and hold the door for me...I really felt all of my 65 years! I guess I'll take the soup from now on too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 11:36 am:

"Let's face it - these days, if you're not young, you're old." - Red Green

red_green

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skip Anderson on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 11:44 am:

Happy birthday Fred.
You are as young as you feel. All the best for years to come.
67 for me today and warm soup sounds pretty good after 16 days of below zero weather. Time to snowbird to AZ.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 12:13 pm:

:-) :-)

Thanks guys

Bugsy Stevens - One of the NASCAR Modified Champions used tell this joke.

An older lady runs around the nursing home with her skirt held high and yells "Super Sex"

One of the old gentlemen looks up and replies "I'll take the soup!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 05:15 pm:

Happy birthday young feller! Here's hoping you have many more and that you still feel young when you are older. Just avoid mirrors! :-)
Norm

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration