1927 Historical T starting on the road back.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1927 Historical T starting on the road back.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 07:57 pm:

A few months ago there was a post about a Model T Snowmobile that was found in Labrador. I have been in contact with the person Mr.Brake that is taking on the task of bringing out the remains from an Isolated part of the country. Its at least a mile from tide water and has to be carried
there then loaded on small boats to the power boat to get it to civilization. The Engine, body and frame is next, hopefully in a couple of weeks when it is frozen enough to allow it. I talked to Mr. brake this morning and the transportation of this unit there in 1927 is well documented on film,(still and motion picture). He is sending me some pictures but I will need to get permission (hopefully) to post them.
They have gotten all the books listed as must have. This is taking place by Newbies and are VERY FAR OF THE GRID. May need help finding missing parts as they go over the next few years. This will be an interesting project to follow. They are working with the High School Shop staff
as a project, maybe getting some youth interested in the hobby.

Bob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration