Old Photo - 1920's Repair Shop Scene

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - 1920's Repair Shop Scene
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 09:04 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 11:11 pm:

I never get tired of this type of image. What are these cars?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 12:24 am:

The one on the near right is a Buick about 1910 or 12.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 09:34 am:

the car on the left could be a 17 or 18 mod 85 overland. the transmission looks right & the splash aprons also fenders are too. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 10:00 am:

Check out the lifting device for that rear end.
Did Weaver make something like that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 10:02 am:

Fantastic lighting from that skylight. Stan is right about the Buick. I had a gas tank like that for a few years with that Buick script on it. The T parts on the bench look familiar.

I don't know where you guys find these but I'm glad you do.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 10:09 am:

I wonder what's under the little trap door in the floor?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 10:12 am:

Cool!
Do You think they are Not on the ground floor?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 10:54 am:

Not quite the same but similar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 11:51 am:

I would like to give credit to my Uncles, Ed and Bud for the crane hoist info. They retrieved some old car literature from the family store my Grandfather started in 1908. Ed and Bud reminded me a little of Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee. They opened a trap door similar to the one in Jay's photo, and braved the dark dingy corners under the wood floor to retrieve some treasures from days gone by. They are sitting in the back of my Speedster for a Forth or July parade on the Store's 90th birthday.

Not to digress from Jay's wonderful photo, but it has taken my mind to some wonderful places for the last minutes and I notice we have been waxing nostalgic about Montana and other places as of late.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 01:48 pm:

that crane in the ad is just like mine.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 02:12 pm:

One more car - Model T roadster at the very back, right hand side.

Notice the Model T transmission and magneto field coil on bench at the very back.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration