1913 Hood

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1913 Hood
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Jackson on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 08:15 am:

Is the hood level when positioned on the hood former and rad ? The rad is plumb and the rod connecting the rad to the firewall is level.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 08:41 am:

From what I can tell on my '12 it is pretty level, without putting a level on it, just eyeballing it. Sometimes that's better than the level itself. I would assume a '13 should be too

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 12:31 pm:

If you can get it to fit, consider yourself lucky, whether it's level or not!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 06:03 pm:

Brian, I wonder what is behind your question. Are you trying to set up the hood during a restoration? Is the hood at present a poor fit?

Larry is on the money with his notion on the fit.If you are trying to make a better fit I have found the following to be a great benefit. When positioning the hood former on the flat firewall I ignored true centre and a measured height, and moved the former around until the hood fitted as best it could, and clamped the former in that position. Raising the former opens the gap at the bottom of the hood at the radiator. Moving it to the side opens the gap on one side more than the other. By juggling the position you can adjust the gaps so they are the best possible. Then screw it in place.
Then there is also the opportunity for the judicious use of a file for a final adjustment.

Hope this helps.

Allan from down under.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration