Old Photo - Joy riding near Ashland Oregon, circa 1915

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Joy riding near Ashland Oregon, circa 1915
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 10:31 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KEN PARKER on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 10:41 pm:

Boy that looks like a fun time was had by all. 1913 Touring that seems to be new. Jay you sure get some great pictures!

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 12:03 am:

Some things never change.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 12:23 am:

I've heard partying passengers in the US has to conceal their bottles better today to avoid being stopped by the police.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Stitt-Southern Oregon on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 02:37 am:

It looks like the highway to K-falls over the green springs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 10:14 am:

Can anyone tell what the license plate says? I like this picture because you see darn few photos taken from the rear!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Bohlen, Severn MD on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 10:35 am:

Notice the horse "apples" in the road....
Looks like they just passed the other car (taking the photo) maybe the law with a dash cam....

:-)

Larry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 10:57 am:

I don't understand all the power poles. Those wouldn't have been on Green Springs Hiway.

Looks more to me like the hill on the right is just east of downtown. That would be Bear Creek in the valley ahead and left. I was born in a house next to a rock crusher on Bear Creek.

Here's a later pic that was posted here:

Glenview Drive

It looks like Bear Creek has really flooded?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 12:30 pm:

The poles on the left are telephone poles. In those days they had, "open wire". Each circuit took two bare wires with insulators on the many crossarms. That was probably a '"toll lead" which connected exchanges in different cities or towns. The poles on the right are power poles used for local electricity. Over far to the right looks like a railroad track. The poles along the track carried the railroad telegraph lines.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 12:56 pm:

It looks like a 13-14 rear end.
The front fenders look wide?
Not a wide track is it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 03:42 pm:

Judging by the shadows and the fact that they appear to be drinking, the hill may be on the west side of the T in the pic, Ralph and they are headed north. The length of shadows leads me to believe it is mid to late afternoon...unless of course, they were enjoying a snort or two for breakfast in which case they could be headed north and that hill is indeed on the east side...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration