Old Photo - Roadside Posing With A Coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Roadside Posing With A Coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 11:06 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 10:05 am:

Nice looking lady. Nice looking car. Looks like an above the axle wishbone. Might be an X 17 on the license plate.
I like it.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 10:07 am:

P. S. It has the rubber seal between the windshield halves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 10:29 am:

The body is a '19 - '23, so it's unusual for it to have an over-the-axle wishbone. Seems to me that was changed early in the '19 model year, so it must be an early '19 model car. I'm not able to make out the date on the license plate. The lady's hand is covering up one of the features which would help to date the car, which is the door handle. I think it's a bail handle, which would indicate a '19 or '20 model.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 10:34 am:

Gotta be at least a '19 with the demountable wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 10:35 am:

After a second look, I'm not as sure about the wishbone. That hand looks more like it's on a Tee handle than a bail. These old photos look different every time I look at them.
Sherlock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 12:32 pm:

It's the "Bees Knees"...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 12:38 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 12:57 pm:

Dave Wells

I have found early cars with demountable wheels. People were not dumb they changed to demountables when the became available. I have found Ts that were changed to demountables as early as 1912. Anyway you are probably right on the wheels. That does look like a fairly early cowl and maybe the light lens. Its earlier than 24 that for sure.

coupe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 02:54 pm:

No cowl lamps makes it at least a '19.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 07:55 pm:

I just notice a rear mounted spare peaking out from the back of the car. Another 1919 feature.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 10:20 am:

I'll go along with Richard. It looks like a lower wishbone to me. Notice the oversize tires too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 10:44 am:

1919 is the first year for that coupe body style. No coupe of that body style ever came equipped with cowl lamps or non demountable rims from Ford.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration