OT - New Scam ...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - New Scam ...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 02:28 pm:

I got a call yesterday from the I.R.S. Investigation Department. Seems like there is a warrant issued for my arrest and they are coming to get me if I do not resolve my outstanding debt for the 'Fraud" that I have commited, of not reporting and hiding my wages as my employers are stating I have made. From what she had to say they are going to throw me in jail (my local sheriff has been notified of my crimes) for up to 10 years and impound my house, cars, (dogs, cats, dirty laundry or anything else I have) Garnishe my wages, and pretty much end my life. The first thing she wanted to know was my lawyers phone # as he would be able to "bail me out" Then she started to read the charges against me, I started to ask here a question and she very rudely told me "Do not interupt me while I read the charges" I let her read her "charges" and then I said to her "Do I have "Stupid" written on my forehead" I do not think the IRS ever calls anyone and I believe it would be stupid to call and warn the criminal that I am that you are coming to arrest me. I asked for her name and ID#. Shes said it looks like you do not want to cooperate, the sheriff will be out to arrest you and hung up on me. The sad thing is that there are some people that this will work on. I contacted my Attorney General and Federal Trade Commission to report it. Its seems Im the 3rd to report it in Arkansas. and it seems to be jumping state to state as it has already been to other states. The Federal Trade Commission person said, these are collection scams. Them mean to scare the person into asking how much do I owe, how can I fix this and not be arrested. Then they start getting info from you and ask for credit card #s, pay with western union ect. to keep you out of jail .. They can be in the form of a collection agency, local sheriff, IRS, or similar. Remember that no legitimate business, bank, IRS, or ??? will ever ask for anything over the phone ... Be safe and smart and watch out for the crooks ...... (If I was wrong about this Ill talk to you again, after I get out of prison, if Im not allowed to post on the forum from prison)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 02:37 pm:

Ask them for their phone number so you can get back to them or have your lawyer or the cops call them. Chances are they will hang up on you and move on to the next "mark", or you can play with them. Tell them you are with the IRS too and ask who her supervisor is and what branch she is with. Also that like all IRS agents, as a precaution, you have a special phone ID that has identified her, her phone number and address and she will soon be receiving a visit from the IRS and other federal government law enforcement authorities to discuss her crimes. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 02:54 pm:

I haven't gotten that call yet, but I have gotten several calls from the "COMPUTER MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT." It seems that my computer is sending out an S.O.S. that it is infected and needs their help!

Like Donnie said, there will be many people who fall for this scam too!

NEVER GIVE OUT ANY NUMBERS OR INFORMATION TO ANYONE ON A CALL THAT YOU DID NOT INITIATE YOURSELF!

I had a call last night from a nice lady who was going to give me a great deal on a magazine renewal if I gave her my credit card number. When I told her that I paid all of my bills through my banks online payment system and asked her to give me the information that I would need to complete the renewal that way, she got very upset with me. She told me that she was "bonded" and that if I was afraid of fraud, I needn't worry since credit card transactions are insured by the card's issuing bank. When I still refused, she hung up on me. Too bad, I really wanted that "good deal."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 03:19 pm:

Just use *59 (Call Trace) and then call the police and fill out a police report.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Geisler on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 04:04 pm:

Jeff, I have gotten the SAME message here in Branson. The fella called from N. J. according to my phone. They did not answer when I called them back! He told me he was from my computer company and they were located in Washington. My phone showed N. J.
Doug if that works then I'll have to write that down!! Good call Jeff on the zene call. I get some of those too. Problem is too much info!!!! I don't know where to put it all!
Donny you won't mind where they put you for income tx evation as a few fellas I have met told me it was a cake walk. The other thing that they assured me of is that IRS takes EVERYTHING! And at whatever value that they want to put on it! About 1/4th what you actually have in it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 08:02 pm:

I have the phone # and it works to call them back. They answer the phone as IRS Investigation Department. It sounds like a telethon switchboard with lots of operators talking in the background. The Federal Trade Commission man said the phone # is located in San Francisco Calif. He also said it is about impossible to trace. The phone in Calif. will send the call thru several different routers and #s before it more than likely leaves the country. Just be carefull is all we can do ... report the calls when we can. because they sometimes do catch them ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 09:24 pm:

They never get to talk to me. My answering machine gives them the bum's rush.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 09:38 pm:

Now I hear the latest worry is scammers using the Target "leak" pretending to be your bank and seeking information. Don't give them anything, the bank already knows all they need to about you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 12:04 am:

Hello one and All:
Here is what has happened to me!
Court attendance notification ID1489

Please be informed that you are expected in the Court of Georgia on Feb.2, 2014 at 9:30 AM where the hearing of your case of illegal software use will take place.
Then it tell I may need an attorney and to bring identity Doc's
there was an attached letter that I was supposed to down load and read thoroughly.

Court Clerk
Hester Hogan.

SCAM SCAM SCAM

I think Monday I will take the letter to our Local Cops and see what they think. Oh, and I live in Northern California

bill d

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 12:26 am:

Bill, better start checking air fares to Tblisi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 09:22 pm:

Also been getting a lot of the Notices to Appear in certain un-numbered courts in various states. Never open the attached document, but curious to know what it says.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 05:38 pm:

Got a call early in 2013. Caller had a heavy foreign accent. Couldn't tell if it was Asian, African or East European. Seemed to be reading from a phonetically made up script. I was supposedly in trouble with the FDIC and should call back with information that might get me off the hook. I reported it to the proper authorities.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 05:54 pm:

Donnie,

Just tell your ex-wife or ex-girlfriend
to stop calling ya' ..... :-)

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 08:34 pm:

Jim... Ive been married to the same first and only wife for 38 years. So its been a little longer than 38 years since an ex-girlfried was around. I must have left a good (or bad) impression for her to still be calling ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 10:27 pm:

Warren:

Next time a scammer calls, just do what Steve Jelf and I do - place the receiver on the transmitter and give the caller a whistling dose of feedback.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 11:08 pm:

My sister runs a day care center with 2-5 year old toddlers. She tells the caller that they need to speak to the person in charge and hands the phone to one of the kids.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration