Inside oil line

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Inside oil line
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jay fredrickson on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 06:51 pm:

i just bought a new oil line from langs and the pick up end on the new one is round and the old one is oblong. if i knew how to put up a picture i would but it won't work. i was wondering if anybody knows if it will work o k. it's the short tub on the drivers side. and does it install on the inside of the metal brace towards the inspection plate or on the out side of the metal brace

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 07:06 pm:

It goes on the out side of the brace. It will not fit on the inside and if you get it to fit inside the crank will hit it.

If you are asking about the add on inside oil line.

Steven

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 07:19 pm:

The inside oil lines in the earlier T's had small funnel. Oblong funnel will fit and should be used.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 07:52 pm:

http://www.modeltford.com/item/3081ACC.aspx
I believe Jay is talking about the accessory oil line that goes on the inside of the engine on the drivers side. It has a round funnel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 08:01 pm:

Sounds like what he wanted was the factory oil line, but he ordered the accessory inside oil line?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 08:50 pm:

I think you're right, Erich. I got old and new reversed .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jay fredrickson on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 11:17 am:

it is the inside line on the drivers side. i am rebuilding the motor and when i took the old one out it is the oblong one and it was put on the inside of the brace, and when i put it back like it was you were right it hit, and ruined it . of course the pan was on and when i turned it over by the crank it bent it. when i looked at it , it looked like some one had bent the flange the other way when they put it back together. gary you are right it's the driver side and that's the one i bought. since it was different than the original one i wanted to make sure it would work

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration