Old Photo - distract with bushes while steeling light?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - distract with bushes while steeling light?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 09:37 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, January 10, 2014 - 10:58 pm:

Maybe he is having a problem lighting the lamp. The hose draped in front of the radiator is not standard issue and my guess is an acetylene hose that goes from one lamp to the other.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 11:15 am:

May be she is collecting brush to start a fire?
It looks like the fall time of year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 01:00 pm:

This would be a good image for a caption contest.

Here is a stab at it:

"Honey, you go ahead and start on the yard work while adjust this headlight bearing again. Seems way off. This may take a while till it is safe enough to drive."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 01:04 pm:

"Look what I found, Honey. These will make a great Christmas wreath!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 01:12 pm:

You nailed it Henry!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 01:30 pm:

"This will make a fine Laurel for our Hardy car."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 01:34 pm:

It is a "branch line" off of the regular acetylene line.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 02:31 pm:

Looks like a '14 Canadian touring. They seem to mount the horns bell up on the RHD, for hood clearance.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 03:44 pm:

Since they are parked on the left side of the road, a lady is sitting in the left front seat and the spare is on the right side I would say they are in a country or province that drove on the left side of the road with right hand drive cars.
It seems to me I have read that in some of the provinces of Canada they drove on the left in the early model T era.
The seven foot tall lady holding the vegetation is saying, "I admire people that are short enough to ride in a motor car."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 03:47 pm:

Oh, now I can see the steering wheel on the right side. I didn't see that before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerry van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 04:07 pm:

Looks like Australian vegetation!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 04:28 pm:

She is holding roses and saying

"Some parade this is. Broke down before it even started."

Keith, thats funny, laurel, ha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 06:32 pm:

"Mommy, I'm cold. Don't worry darling, Daddy says he has an exciting fire starting trick."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 07:23 pm:

"Honey, my zipper is still stuck. Hold the branches closer if another car goes by."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 09:52 pm:

She wants to make like a tree and leave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 11:11 pm:

I think she is about to hide her face from the camera because she is embarrassed that her husband thinks the hand crank is on the headlight housing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 05:13 am:

The photograph is held by MuseumVictoria (Australia) here is the accompanying information-

Photograph - Model T Ford Motor Car & Passengers, Victoria, 1910s Image Reg. No: MM 121648
Photograph - Motorcar and Passengers, Victoria, 1910s

Summary:
Black and white photograph which is part of a large photographic collection of glass plate and film negatives, photographic prints and photo albums, relating to the development of the electric power supply industry in Victoria, operated by the State Electricity Commission of Victoria (SECV) from 1919 to 1993 and various predecessor private and municipal power supply enterprises dating back to the late 1880s.
Description:
Monochrome silver gelatin photographic print.
Description Of Content:
Model T Ford Motor car on a dirt road surrounded by bushland, with two women and one man. One woman is sitting in car, the other holds tree branches and is standing on the road. The man is attending to something at the front of the vehicle. A bridge is pictured in the background.
Acquisition Information:
Transfer from Public Record Office Victoria (PROV)

Discipline: Technology
Dimensions: 87 mm (Height), 136 mm (Width)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 05:56 am:

The real caption: Charley, now that I've removed all the brush off the front that you ran into, just crank the darn car and lets get going! And let Sis drive this time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Mullin on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 09:32 am:

I like our more imaginative captions better than the official one from MuseumVictoria.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 12:24 pm:

"I got all the best roses from the yard, now hurry up before the Mr. comes out with the shotgun."

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration