New Coil Points

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: New Coil Points
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 10:21 am:

It has been awhile since I ordered points as I bought a bunch about 10 years ago. I just bought a set of four to do some coils for one of our chapter members. I noticed on these that I just got the limit rivet does not need to be messed with. I have never used new ones that didn't need the rivet re-adjusted. Has something changed? Did I just luck onto four that were good or have they changed something in the way they make these? Thanks, Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 10:30 am:

Gary,
I have been told by those that should know that they have improved their manufacturing process. The limit rivet is closer to what it should be.
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 10:54 am:

Big blast years ago when a load of the sets were sent out damaged and were returned. I got a few & sent them back also. Hell was raised and they seem to be OK now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 12:28 pm:

Current manufacturer has improved the quality of the upper bridge and cushion spring,along with setting the cushion spring limiting rivit.
Cushion spring tension is now in the ballpark, but still has to be checked.

At least the "new" guy has better quality control procedures and is riviting the cushion springs and vibrator springs correctly.

Bob J.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration