23 sedan

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 23 sedan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 12:00 am:

Here are a couple of pics of a 23 sedan I found sitting in a garage less than 130 miles from my house. The car was never left outside to deterioate. and was restored in the late 70s-early 80s. the man who restored it passed shortly after and the car has been stored in his son's garage ever since. It has a ruxtell and a speedometer. It has seen little or no use for the last 20 years or so. The son's wife wanted to park her modern iron in the garage so it now resides in my car barn. I guess you could call it a christmas gift to myself. I haven't tried to start it yet as I will change the oil and otherwise check things out first. It's been too cold around here for the last few weeks to even think about doing anything with it for now. I realize it should be black but I kinda like the two tone green. Have to do something with the white-cream wheels though. I tried to post ths before but couldn't figure out how to reduce the size of the pictures, finally emailed the to my daughter who resized them for me. when she sent them back and when I downloaded them they went to my documents folder instead of my pictures. that's why they are labeled documentsdocumentdocumentdocumentdocument

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 12:04 am:

That's Ford's famous John Deere edition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 12:32 am:

Man, that's a handsome car. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 12:39 am:

It is not a '23. I think it is a '25.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 12:48 am:

Royce:

Low radiator and hood = 1923

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 01:05 am:

Erik,

Right. It has a cowl vent and high hood. 24 or later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 02:07 am:

Fordor all had cowl vent.
That one is a low radiator car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 04:48 am:

Wasn't 1923 a transitional year for Ford from low cowl to high cowl...?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 07:48 am:

Curious, what was the purchase price? Trying to value similar cars around my area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 09:52 am:

Royce
engine number 7,762,xxx which according to list in McCalley's book was built june 5 1923. It's titled 1923 which of course doesn't mean anything.
Kevin
eight grand, which was probably too much but I thought it was a pretty nice car Then again I probably paid too much for my unrestored 1909 touring but I now have one and they don't grow on trees and money isn't worth anything anymore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 09:55 am:

I'm not a fan of closed cars but I thought it would be nice to have "one" and one is most likely all I will ever have

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 10:20 am:

It certainly is interesting, the choices people have made in paint color and fabrics for "restorations". It is a shock to see this at first but I think it could grow on you.
We don't often see the 23's with the low cowl, hood and radiator, but I remember discussion of this on an earlier thread.
Have fun with it Dale. It's a good contrast to your other fine cars.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 10:31 am:

My mistake - I thought the cowl vent was only available in 1924 model year. I just read Bruce's comment in the 1923 description that the cowl vent was "added during early 1923, before the change to the larger hood." Your serial number is appropriate for a late 23.

We had a couple of 1923 Fordors in the Noken T club that didn't have the cowl vent. A ride in one of those cars on a hot day will quickly demonstrate why Ford added that feature.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 10:52 am:

Royce
I won't be riding in it on a hot day as I have early open cars.
incidentally I have an enclosed feather light trailer and the car is too tall to go in by about two inches. Had to remove the demountable rims and tires to get it in

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 09:11 am:

I have to say that it is a very good restoration with not so popular color and interior schemes.

To each his own.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration