Old Photo - The Union Christian Church Plymouth Vermont, 1920's

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - The Union Christian Church Plymouth Vermont, 1920's
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 11:27 am:

Today's view.

Some Historic Postcards

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 02:11 pm:

I think we were in Plymouth, VT and saw that church while on the Rutland, VT MIFCI Tour a couple of years ago.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 04:20 pm:

Why is it that we cannot devise a method of enabling access for the disabled without building cattle races which seriously affect the appearance of heritage buildings?

Our local railway station's appearance has been ruined by a modern stainless steel railing fence right across the front, just to get wheel chair access over three steps. The same could have been achieved by siting the ramp along the front of the next door locomotive display which already had a poles and wire enclosure.

Your church ramp seems to begin at ground level at the back. Why not create access there?

Not wishing to make life harder for the dis-abled, but searching for a better solution.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 07:09 pm:

Love the T full of people and the organist out on the porch. We were on the tour also. It was neat little restored village with a Henry Ford connection. There was a picture of Henry sitting on a front porch with Coolidge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Z , Candlewood Lake, CT on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 08:29 pm:

I just finished reading "Coolidge" by Amity Shlaes, good book. Didn't know alot about "Silent Cal" before. Interesting guy. I'm now reading "One Summer: America 1927" by Bill Bryson. As usual with Bryson, it's a good read and great subject matter on that era. So far, it's obvious that Bryson is definitely not a fan of Calvin Coolidge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 08:36 pm:

Bill - What does Bryson think of Henry?

Just wondering.

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Z , Candlewood Lake, CT on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 09:14 pm:

Keith - I haven't got to the inevitable subject of Henry Ford yet, but I have a feeling he won't fair much better than Coolidge. Hopefully, it will be a balanced account of Mr. Ford??

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration