"New" book. Anyone know this one?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: "New" book. Anyone know this one?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 01:56 pm:

What is the story on this story?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 02:23 pm:

A handout in the day of Beatrix Potter and the Peter Cottontail stories. It's pretty cool, I think there are two versions of it with slight variations and updates on the drawings. I have one copy. They are hard to find since they were intended to be given either to children or parents with young children.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 03:21 pm:

Eric,
It was an American Ford handout in early '20s.
I copied mine from one that was given to the Ford Motor Co of NZ in Auckland about 10 years ago from a deceased estate - it was in near perfect condition. It has now gone missing, sadly.
John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 03:27 pm:

Thanks guys, this is a new one on me. How many pages was it? Anyone able to post more parts of it? John, I hope yours turns up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Kable on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 05:11 pm:

Eric,
The whole book was printed in the Vintage Ford years ago in Volume 7 Number 5 Page 29

It is a Canadian brochure and Stan is correct there are two books "the Land Of Getwuntoo" and "How to Getwuntoo"

The Land of Getwuntoo is a story about the Rabbits buying Model T's as the family increases. Starting with a roadster they then need a Touring and eventually a truck.
How to Getwuntoo tells how you can purchase a Model T on Fords Purchase Plan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 05:17 pm:

A friend of mine has a copy of this book. I have a feeling that I saw a reference to Ford Canada somewhere in the book.
Best regards, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 05:21 pm:

Sorry , I had a phone call come in as I was typing my message and delayed my posting. Peter has explained it perfectly.
Regards, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 03:33 pm:

My wife bought me a mint copy of The Land of Getwuntoo off Tbay for my birthday a few years back. 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", 20 pages, copyright 1923. It's an absolute delight!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, January 13, 2014 - 04:40 pm:

Jem, I believe it must have been your wife that out big me for that one. I remember bidding quite a bit on it.

Interesting that they pronounced the word Coupe' "Coo PAY" - which very few people do these days - and showed it with a Doctor driving it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 10:52 am:

Thanks for the scan from the insides, Jem :-)

Google Books says both "The Land of Getwuntoo" and "How to Getwuntoo" were issued by Ford Motor Company of Canada in 1923.

Did Ford of Canada make roadster pickups in 1923?
Ford USA didn't offer that option until half way into the 1925 model year.

The "Light delivery car" seen in the drawing seems to have a wooden pickup bed.

Ford didn't make truck cabs and beds either in 1923, so perhaps the brochures showed what was possible to order at the dealers, not what was produced at the Ford plants?

But still, an official Ford publication calls it a "light delivery car", not a remodeled runabout.

The windshield shows its Canadian origin - both window panes are opened.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 11:19 am:

Stan,

Even Ford made a "coup'e". :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 01:31 pm:

There is one on e-bay at this time .. Do not know how to link. Use keyword getwuntoo. There are some nice photos of all the pages. If it has ended do a completed auction search and it should show up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 03:50 pm:

This is a picture of my 1923 Australian bodied Light Delivery on the day I bought it home in 1965.

Regards, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - 04:08 pm:

Here is a couple of pages from a little book I bought on ebay. It is a Ford Canada booklet depicting the various countries that the Canadian Company shipped cars to.

Regards, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Stokes on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 01:32 pm:

John
Wow! That publication (ie depicting the various countries that the Canadian Company shipped cars to) I did not know existed.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration