Radiator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Radiator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken McGirr on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 03:54 pm:

Time for a new radiator for my '27 coupe. Looking at the flat tube ones in Mac's. Not a car to be judged so flat tubes are fine. I see they have two flat tube radiators with a price spread. Not sure of the difference so guess it best to call them? I am thinking the lower dollar one will be fine. My neighbor has one and it works just fine. My original cools fine but I just can not keep the leaks stopped and am throwing in the towel before I have a real issue. Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 05:13 pm:

Not to bad-mouth Mac's, but I would go with Berg's. Their website sucks, but their radiators have a great reputation.

http://bergsradiator.com/contactus.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert E. (Bob) Blackbourn, Gautier Ms. on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 05:21 pm:

I ordered from Bergs by phone. Radiator fit perfectly and works great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 05:40 pm:

Love my Berg's radiator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 06:46 pm:

I put one in my '27 from Bergs a couple of years ago and love it! Fit perfectly and cools like an ice box! I too went for the flat tube as I care less about judging than 95 degree temperatures in Florida!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken McGirr on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 06:52 pm:

Will give them a call tomorrow. Thanks, Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 07:17 pm:

Not finding anyone that wanted to fix my radiators around here I have learned to buy up old lead acid core solder and I fix my own best I can.
Flat tube works well.Someone in florida a good many years ago,helped me out with a used flat tube for my TT and it has worked so well.Tickled pink with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 07:28 pm:

Ken...I got a flat tube two years ago for my Model A from Snyders, I got the more expensive one. It was perfect, and works perfectly. It's actually from Brassworks. The cheaper ones I understand are like a "brand X" and who knows how well they'll fit, or even work.

Also, John Regan from Fun Projects handles Brassworks, in fact he's working on getting me a '25 tall for my TT firetruck. He sharpens the pencil pretty good. Just an alternative thought.

Tim

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration